St. Louis, MO- The St. Louis Development Corporation (SLDC) announced $1,000,000 in grants for small business and commercial property owners to incentivize improvement of the character and physical appearance of their building exteriors and storefronts.
The Neighborhood Commercial District Improvement Program (NCDI) offers forgivable grants up to $20,000 to eligible small business and commercial property owners. The intent of the program is to spur economic development in some of the city’s most disinvested neighborhoods. “We recognize that most of the economic development in the city has taken place downtown and throughout the central corridor, which is why we are focusing our efforts in much of north and deep south St. Louis,” said Leonard Johnson, Director of Neighborhood Business Development. Johnson believes that “The revitalization of neglected neighborhood commercial districts often starts with improvements to a single building or storefront.”
NCDI is funded by the Community Development Block Grants Program (CDBG). Grants will be awarded through a competitive process, which is scheduled to be released July 11, 2018. Eligible improvements include storefront renovations, awnings, signage and exterior lighting among others. A full list of eligible improvements can be found online at SLDCfacade.org.
Citizens can find out more on the program by attending one of the three formational events or by visiting SLDCfacade.org
Public Informational Events:
- O'FALLON PARK RECREATIONAL CENTER - 4343 West Florissant Ave. on July 25 at 6PM
- WILLIAM J. HARRISON CENTER - 3140 Cass Ave. on July 31at 2PM
- THOMAS DUNN LEARNING CENTER - 3113 Gasconade St. on August 6 at 10AM
About the St. Louis Development Corporation (SLDC)
St. Louis Development Corporation (SLDC) is an umbrella, not-for-profit corporation organized under Chapter 355 of the Missouri State Statutes with the mission of fostering economic development and growth in the City of St. Louis by stimulating the market for private investment in City real estate and business development and improve the quality of life for everyone who lives in, works in, and visits the City. The mission of the SLDC is to stimulate the market for private investment in City real estate and business development and improve the quality of life for everyone who lives in, works in, and visits the City of St. Louis. If there are questions, please contact John Parker, Director of Corporate Communications and Media at 314-363-1102 or email him at email@example.com
Director, Corporate Communications and Media
Office Phone: (314) 657-3749
St. Louis Development Corporation
Most Read News
- Leonard Johnson to Receive Outstanding Alumni Leader Under 40 Award Leonard Johnson to Receive Outstanding Alumni Leader Under 40 Award.
- 2018 Continuum of Care Application Review The 2018 Continuum of Care (CoC) Application and the Review, Score, Ranking, and Recommendations Process are Available for Review.
- SLDC to allocate up to $3 million of New Markets Tax Credits to the Guardian Angel Settlement Association SLDC to allocate up to $3 million of New Markets Tax Credits to the Guardian Angel Settlement Association document