This article is 5 years old. It was published on July 23, 2018.
St. Louis, MO- The St. Louis Development Corporation (SLDC) recently posted an RFQ for a consultant to lead the City and SLDC through the process of creating an Economic Development Strategy. The purpose of the Strategy is to position the City on the path toward a resilient economy.
SLDC is pleased to announce that it has received 17 total submissions. SLDC staff developed selection criteria to use when evaluating the proposals and will review all of the proposals and provide scores for each applicant.
Jon Ferry, Financial Analyst & Project Manager for SLDC stated. “the selection criteria was very detailed and each respondent needed to show the ability to cast the vision that SLDC, the City and its public, private and institutional partners could coalesce around and act upon to drive investment and growth in the City."
The Economic Development Strategy (EDS) responses needed to answer three main questions:
1. Where are we? (What is our current economic base?)
2. Which direction should we go? (What are the opportunities for economic base expansion and what can we do to more fully share the benefits of economic growth across all the city's neighborhoods?)
3. How do we get there?
The submission also needed to address five major sections listed out in the “Scope of Work” which were:
1. Assessment, Benchmarking & Evaluation,
2. Market & Industry Cluster Analysis,
3. Neighborhood Economic Nodes (Place-Based Growth Strategy),
4. Recommendations & Best Practices and
The Selection Committee is scheduled to meet next Friday, July 27th at 2 pm to discuss the proposals and make recommendations for the top firms, who the committee wishes to be invited to submit a full proposal. The staff has recommended a limit of five, but the final number is up to the committee's discretion.
About the St. Louis Development Corporation (SLDC)
St. Louis Development Corporation (SLDC) is an umbrella, not-for-profit corporation organized under Chapter 355 of the Missouri State Statutes with the mission of fostering economic development and growth in the City of St. Louis by stimulating the market for private investment in City real estate and business development and improve the quality of life for everyone who lives in, works in, and visits the City. The mission of the SLDC is to stimulate the market for private investment in City real estate and business development and improve the quality of life for everyone who lives in, works in, and visits the City of St. Louis. If there are questions, please contact John Parker, Director of Corporate Communications and Media at 314-363-1102 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org
Most Read News
- CDA Announces $10 Million in Awards for Neighborhood Transformation Grants ARAP-funded award categories are Proactive Development, Neighborhood Beautification, Non-profit Capacity Building, and Home Repair.
- City of St. Louis Completes Expansion of Jefferson Spaces Tiny Homes Transitional Housing Project, Doubling Number of Units Available to Assist Unhoused Funded with $1.2 million in American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funds, the expansion doubles the number of Tiny Homes to 100, to assist unhoused individuals to transition into permanent supportive housing.
- Mayor Tishaura O. Jones, Joined by President Megan Green, Alderman Shane Cohn, and Safe Streets Advocates, Announces New Effort to Implement Automated Traffic Enforcement in St. Louis The effort is a part of the St. Louis Safer Streets initiative, which aims to improve street and pedestrian safety.