Program Manager - Green City Coalition
The Program Manager works to coordinate partners for the conversion of vacant and abandoned properties to neighborhood amenities.
This is a two year position with the possibility of extension based on funding. Under limited supervision of the Vacancy Strategist, the Green City Coalition (GCC) Program Manager works to coordinate partners for the conversion of vacant and abandoned properties to neighborhood amenities; to maintain open communication with all partners and project neighborhoods to ensure project development remains collaborative and transparent; and to manage multiple green space development projects through collaboration with City departments and partner organizations, and the management of subcontracts.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Community Engagement & Communications: Facilitates community meetings and workshops related to vacancy reuse within project neighborhoods; ensures neighborhood knowledge and priorities are aligned with data for comprehensive planning; ensures open communication with neighborhood associations, organizations, and residents - including quarterly newsletters, website, and social media as well as front-doors, phone calls, and neighborhood meetings.
- Project Management: Leads the development of four or more green spaces with varying timelines and resources; facilitates partner coordination and leveraging of resources and funding opportunities; develops project calendars and budgets and tracks progress.
- Subcontract Management: With support of the Vacancy Strategist, develops requests for proposal, coordinates proposal review committees, conducts contractor site visits, processes subcontract invoices, and maintains financial records - for land management, earthwork and plantings, technical assistance, etc.
- Coalition Coordination: Facilitates the collaboration between GCC partners – SLDC and LRA, City of St. Louis, Missouri Department of Conservation (MDC), Metropolitan St. Louis Sewer District, and Missouri Conservation Heritage Foundation - including: hosting monthly partner meetings; co-developing annual budgets and deliverables; developing bi-annual reports to MDC.
- A Master’s Degree and at least 2 years of professional experience in the design, management, and implementation of complex projects; or a Bachelors’ Degree and at least 4 years of professional experience in the design, management, and implementation of complex projects; or an Associate’s Degree or commensurate experience and at least 7 years of professional experience in the design, management, and implementation of complex projects.
- Demonstrated capacity to manage people and actively explore innovative implementation to achieve project targets.
- Strong communication skills and public speaking experience.
- Knowledge of systemic racism and St. Louis history as it pertains to vacancy and development in north St. Louis neighborhoods, and a commitment to racial equity.
- Demonstrated team-management, problem-solving, program/project management, and time management skills.
- Demonstrated experience in using data analysis and visualization tools.
- Advanced knowledge of Office Suite and G-Suite products.
- Coordinating with the public sector, community leaders, and local public authorities in St. Louis or at a comparable scale.
- Experience in community development, event coordination, and/or workshop facilitation.
- Writing and/or reviewing requests for proposals, grants, memorandums of understanding, or comparably complex documents.
- Experience with ArcGIS, Adobe Creative Suite, and/or database management.