In Your Neighborhood
As community engagement progresses, updated information on our planning process will appear here.
NGA Special Use District Meeting hosted by Project Connect
SLDC and Project Connect are hosting two meetings to discuss the proposed NGA Special Use District bill that will regulate commercial uses within 1/2 mile radius surrounding the future National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency site in North St. Louis City.
Meeting 1: August 22, 2018 at 6:00 pm. Blewett Middle School (Innovation Concept Academy), 1927 Cass Ave., St. Louis, MO 63106
Meeting 2: August 29, 2018 at 6:00 pm. Vashon High School (3035 Cass Ave., St. Louis, MO 63106).
Don't forget to complete our short survey. Please let us know your opinion regarding the NGA Special Use District legislation:
SLDC is featured in a networking event to highlight the great efforts the City of St. Louis has led to prepare the future site of the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency in North St. Louis. Additionally, SLDC panelist will highlight future opportunities and plans for growth in the region. This event is to take place July 19, 2018 at 11:00 am - 1:00 pm at Vashon High School (3035 Cass Ave., St. Louis, MO 63106)
SLDC's Minority Business Department, in conjunction with MOKAN and Next NGA West - St. Louis hosted a Construction Town Hall Meeting with at the William J. Harrison Education Center, January 9, 2018 from 4:30-9:30pm. Click here to view the presentations.
The Project Connect Pathways to Opportunity Open House was held on May 31, 2018 at Vashon High School at 4:30pm - 7:30pm. The event was sponsored by the St. Louis Development Corporation and highlighted the many organizations looking to train, prepare and educate local residents in STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math) education and a variety of support services. The space teemed with conversations between government officials and prospective employees. Read the press release here.
Project Connect participated in an Industry Day event held May 22, 2017 at the site of the Next NGA West campus at 2233 Cass Ave. The event was from 11:00am-7:00pm.
The fourth public meeting was held on Tuesday, February 21, 2017 at Vashon High School at 5:30pm.
The second Project Connect public meeting was held on September 26, 2016 at 5:30pm.
Neighborhood Working Group (NWG)
The NWG was originally formed in 2016 with 18 individuals identified as leaders in their community by their neighbors. This group met monthly with Project Connect and NGA representatives from to August 2016 to March 2017 to discuss a variety of topics, concerns and community requests that were incorporated into the Action Plan and the NGA Construction RFP process. This group continues to meet to ensure residents have a voice in the many upcoming projects in the area. We encourage residents to reach out to these neighborhood representatives and your neighborhood stabilization officer to discuss concerns and ask questions. If you have any questions regarding the Neighborhood Working Group member in your neighborhood, give us a call 314-657-3783.
Local/Neighborhood Meetings & Events
Alignment between local officials and community members is the key to Project Connect. For this reason, Project Connect representatives attend neighborhood meetings in the eight Project Connect neighborhoods. We are invited by community leaders to listen to concerns, provide specific information, receive feedback, and answer questions. If you want us at your meeting, send us an e-mail or give us a call (314) 657-3783.
- October 13, 2018: St. Louis Promise Zone Literacy Day; 12:00 PM - 4:00 PM (Clay Academy - 3820 N. 14th Street, St. Louis, MO 63107)
- October 16-17, 2018: USGIF's Tech Showcase West, T-Rex Technology Incubator, 911 Washington Ave., Suite 500, St. Louis, MO 63101. To learn more, visit: https://usgif.org/events/NGAWest
- October 17, 2018: USGIF's STEMulate St. Louis "A Free K-12 STEM Event", 4 PM - 7 PM, St. Louis University's Cook Hall, 3674 Lindell Blvd., St. Louis, MO. To learn more, visit: https://stemulatestl.splashthat.com/
- October 24, 2018: United States Geospatial Intelligence Foundation's - St. Louis Area Working Group (USGIF - SLAWG) Monthly Meeting; 1:00 PM - 3:00 S. Sarah Street, St. Louis, MO 63108
- October 26, 2018: Mayor's Business Luncheon 2018; 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM (Marriott St. Louis Grand, 800 Washington Ave., St. Louis, MO 63101 ). To learn more and purchase a seat, visit https://www.stlouis-mo.gov/luncheon/
- October 27, 2018: 4th Annual Hyde Park Neighborhood "Spooktacular" Party; 2:00 PM - 7:00 PM, Hyde Park (corner of N. 20th and Salisbury St.) Call 314-797-8257 for more information.
- November 2, 2018: UMSL's Neighborhood Leadership Fellows application deadline, Contact Claire at email@example.com for additional information. To apply, visit http://cwc.umsl.edu/nlf/
- November, 2018: Project Connect Neighborhood Working Group Meeting - more details TBD.
Click here for a listing of past Neighborhood Meetings.