Real Estate Receptionist - October 2019
Provides assistance and direction to real estate and LRA client walk-ins and telephone inquiries, and assists with department administrative tasks.
itle: Receptionist I | Grade: 9 | FLSA: Non-Exempt
Supervisor's Title: Director, Real Estate
Hiring Range: $14.00 -$16.00
Department: Real Estate
Positions Supervised: N/A
Qualifications include a minimum of a high school diploma or GED with at least 2 years office experience preferably in a high-volume receptionist, front-desk capacity. Requires computer skills in MS Word and Excel, and the ability to navigate and update databases. Must have outstanding verbal communications and customer service skills.
Under direct supervision, provides assistance and direction to real estate and LRA client walk-ins and telephone inquiries, and assists with department administrative tasks.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Receives and screens incoming telephone calls for the Real Estate Department.
- Greets and screens all visitors for the LRA office.
- Furnishes lists of for-sale properties to visitors and explains the purchasing process to clients.
- Issues property keys and maintains record of key requests.
- Provides initial sales and property information, purchasing and donation procedures, and screens potential sales clients.
- Prepares transaction letters for property sales and property donations. Prepares and sends out high-volume of notification letters.
- Researches property files for development status and determines compliance/noncompliance through such a variety of sources.
- Refers calls as needed to appropriate SLDC departments, public agencies and other organizations. Provides callers with resources and contacts.
- Assists with creating and updating marketing material for the real estate department including website updates.
- Sorts and distributes mail and deliveries for the organization.
- Maintains Real Estate files.
The intent of this position description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Requires St. Louis City residency within 180 days of successful completion of the probationary period.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- Requires the ability to lift and carry files/papers of up to fifteen pounds.
- Requires the ability to distinguish objects clearly in near vision for writing and computer work.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
St. Louis Development Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, age, disability, sex or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, veteran's status or marital status.