Apply for the St. Louis City Small Business Grant Fund
Use this form to apply for the St. Louis City Small Business Grant Fund
Applying for this grant is free. Please do not call any 1-800 or 1-888 phone numbers for help with the grant process. If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Purpose: The City of St. Louis, through the use of Coronavirus State and Local Recovery funds, has established a Small Business Grant Fund to assist small businesses that have been adversely impacted and/or disproportionately impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Funding for this State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds (SLFRF) small business grant program is contingent upon approval of the allocation from the City of St. Louis through the Community Development Administration (CDA).
Examples of adverse impact include but are not limited to:
- Decreased revenue or gross receipts
- Financial insecurity; Increased costs
- Challenges covering payroll, rent, mortgage, and other operating costs
- Capacity to weather financial hardship
Before continuing, please be sure you have a copy of your current Business License issued by the City of St. Louis License Collector. You will also need to have your Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN) which is the number assigned by the IRS to your business OR your Social Security Number if you are a sole proprietorship. This information will be submitted on your W-9. A completed W-9 is required to apply.
Please know that in order to be eligible, your business must meet all of the below criteria:
- 25 or fewer employees
- Primary place of business must be located in the City of St. Louis. Small businesses are presumed disproportionately impacted by the pandemic if they are operating in a HUD Qualified Census Tract (QCT) within the City limits. Please visit the link below to determine whether or not you are in a HUD Qualified Census Tract.
- Must have been adversely impacted as a result of COVID-19 if your business is not located within a QCT.
- Owners do not have a conflict of interest (no City employees or immediate family)
- Does not discriminate per City of St. Louis ordinances
- Must have and maintain an active City of St. Louis Business License at time of application and receipt of grant funds
- Cannot be barred from receiving federal funds
- Must be current on all City taxes
- Businesses that DID NOT receive a $5,000 grant from the St. Louis Local Development Corporation Cares Act Grant Fund will receive priority in grant awards.
Business listed below are NOT eligible for this program. Please do not apply if your business is not eligible.
The following businesses are NOT eligible to apply:
- Banks & Financial Institutions
- Law Firms & Attorneys
- Physicians, Dentists, Surgeons, Optometrists, Chiropractors, & Veterinarians
- Insurance Brokers & Agents
- Real Estate Brokers & Sales Agents
- Architects, Engineers, & Land Surveyors
In addition to completing this application in its entirety, please submit the following documents:
- A signed copy of your W-9
- A copy of your current Business License
- An approved CBI form
- Bank or income Statements demonstrating adverse economic impact resulting from Covid-19. Evidence of a reduction in gross receipts from 2019 to 2021 will also suffice to demonstrate adverse economic impact. (Required for businesses NOT operating in one of the federally designated areas presumed to be disproportionately impacted.)
You are strongly encouraged to contact the Collector of Revenue and the License Collector's Office if you are not sure about your standing. If your application is rejected because of any delinquencies, you will need to apply again after resolving any outstanding issues. Below is the contact information for both offices.
Collector of Revenue City of St. Louis
1200 Market Street
St. Louis, MO 63103
Phone: 314 622-4111
Fax: 314 622-4413
License Collector's Office
1200 Market Street
St. Louis, MO 63103
Phone: 314- 622-4528
If you have any problems or questions, please email email@example.com. We will do our best to respond within two business days. We advise you to seek assistance from others if you are having technical issues as we do not have IT staff available to work with individual applicants in a timely manner. We recommend using a modern web browser, such as Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, or Apple Safari. If you have difficulties, please try one of the other web browsers.
Items in red are required.
Add Supporting Documents
Please provide a copy of your business license, form W-9, and bank statements
We accept .pdf, .jpg, .jpeg, .png, and .tiff file formats.
Submitting Your Application
This may take a few seconds to process.
2 comments from people like you have helped us improve this page. Keep the feedback coming!