St. Louis City - Small Business Grant Fund
Read business eligibility and criteria carefully before applying.
The City of St. Louis Small Business Grant Fund is established to assist small businesses that have been severely impacted by COVID-19 and Stay at Home Orders. All grants are subject to the approval of the CARES Act budget by the Board of Aldermen.
All businesses with a physical presence in the city are eligible subject to the program requirements described below. A minimum of 50 percent of awards will be reserved for businesses located within the Promise Zone, an Opportunity Zone, or a Neighborhood Revitalization Strategy Area. See map of these areas.
Beginning at 9:00 AM on Wednesday, July 1, 2020, businesses that received assistance from the SBA's PPP or EIDL program WILL BE ELIGIBLE to apply for this grant. Please know that there may be a few minutes delay when this criteria is eliminated from our online application.
If you have any problems or questions, please email email@example.com.
Applications will be accepted until funds are fully obligated. Please know that funds may be depleted before we are able to consider your application.
Grant Amount: $5,000.00
- 25 or fewer employees as of March 19, 2020
- Must have a physical presence in the City of St. Louis
- Must have had a current business license as of March 19, 2020
- Must be current on all City taxes and have submitted all City-required reports as confirmed by the Collector of Revenue's office
- Must have closed or been significantly impacted as a result of COVID-19 and/or the City's "Stay Home - Essential Activities Only Order , Health Commissioner's Order No. 5"
- Must not have received federal COVID-19 funding through the Small Business Administration including the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) and Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL). NOTE: This exclusion will be eliminated as of 9:00 AM on Wednesday, July 1, 2020
- Elected and appointed officials of the City of St. Louis, the St. Louis Development Corporation, and The St. Louis Local Development Company and their immediate family members are not eligible
- Does not discriminate per City of St. Louis ordinances
The following Businesses are not Eligible:
- Nonprofit Organizations
- Banks & Financial Institutions
- Law Firms & Attorneys
- Physicians, Dentists, Surgeons, Optometrists, Chiropractors, & Veterinarians
- Insurance Brokers & Agents
- Real Estate Brokers & Sales Agents
- Architects, Engineers, & Land Surveyors
- Nursing Homes
Applicants may be required to provide additional documentation of their employee count by uploading a copy of one of the following:
- 2019 Federal IRS W-3 Form - Transmittal of Wage and Tax Statements
- Form 941 for 2020: Employer's Quarterly Federal Tax Return, Quarter ending 3/31/2020
- Collector of Revenue Form W-10 Quarterly Earnings Tax Return, Quarter ending 12/31/2019 or 3/31/2020