Apparel and Accessories
Offers a list of organizations that sell reused and recycled apparel and accessories, such as clothing, mittens, jewelry, hair pins and clips, purses, messenger bags, etc.
The City of St. Louis offers this list of apparel and accessory retailers, which is not inclusive, to help citizens buy recycled. The City does not endorse any of these businesses or services. Space does not allow us to include all stores and products that may be applicable to this list. The variety and availability of these products in stores may change at anytime. Companies located within the City of St. Louis are noted with an image of the Arch, while companies located in Missouri are marked with the State silhouette.
Mail: 1006 South Sawmill Road, Lake Leelanau, Michigan 49653
- Products Available: wool jackets, vests, scarves, hats, mittens, Christmas stockings, etc.
Mail: 1143 Portland Place, Ste. 1, Boulder, Colorado 80304
- Products Available: hand-crafted jewelry (e.g., necklaces, bracelets, anklets) with beads crafted from paper, such as calendars or magazines. The beaders are impoverished Ugandan women.
Mail: 12 North Fir Street, Ventura, California 93001
- Products Available: jewelry (e.g., Jeanette bracelet, earrings, and necklace; Kalia earrings and lariat) made from post-consumer glass..
Mail: 103 Hawthorne Avenue, Pittsfield, Massachusetts 01201
- Products Available: coin purses, overnight bags, shopping bags, shoulder bags, totes, and zipper pouches fabricated from 95% post-consumer plastic #5 (polypropylene / PP), socks.
- Products Available: Eco Couture
- Products Available: fashion, accessories, & art made from 100% post-consumer aluminum pull-tabs, crafted by women artist cooperatives in economically depressed areas of Brazil.
- Products Available: messenger bags made from post-consumer recycled truck tarpaulins, bicycle inner tubes, and car seat belts.
- Products Available: art & toys made from recycled materials.
- Products Available: jewelry and accessories made from junk mail.
Mail: 1430 Willamette Street, #53, Eugene, Oregon 97401
- Products Available: crafts made from "some of the billions of single use chopsticks that are discarded every year."
- Products Available: Earthwise Jewelry Collection made from conflict-free, fair trade, eco-conscious stones and metals
- Products Available: passport covers, wallets, and wrist-wear upcycled from used neckties.
- Products Available: jewelry made by women in West Africa from recycled glass and plastic.
- Products Available: baby clothes, fleece vests and pullovers, jeans, jackets, hats, and running shorts made from post-consumer plastic.
- Products Available: baby bags, backpacks, book bags, business card holders, cell sitters, clutches, coin purses, cosmetic bags, messenger bags, shoulder bags, totes, and wallets made from post-consumer juice packs.
- Products Available: purses hand-crafted from hardback books.
- Products Available: individually designed handbags upcycled from used materials.
- Products Available: hand bags, shaving kits, tote bags, and wallets upcycled from used sails.
- Products Available: shoes made from used car tires and other upcycled materials.
- Products Available: flip flops and sandals (soles made from car tires, straps made from bicycle inner tubes), purses, handbags, messenger bags, belts, mirrors, and coffee tables.
- Products Available: bracelets, key chains, and belts upcycled from used bike parts.
Mail: 121 New York Avenue, Trenton, New Jersey 08638
- Products Available: backpacks, messenger bags, and tote bags made from post-consumer beverage and food packaging.
- Products Available: belts upcycled from used rubber truck tires, clutches upcycled from used magazines, handbags upcycled from used newspapers, and necklaces and wallets upcycled from used neckties and suits.
- Wholesaler of material sheets made of recycled tires
- Products Available: patches and other items from upcycled fabrics.