Today, there are many businesses and organizations that will collect your used cartridges to be remanufactured or recycled. Some places will refill your cartridges for you. Or, you can purchase a do-it-yourself refill kit for a fraction of the cost of a new cartridge. By reusing and recycling your cartridges, you can help conserve resources, reduce pollution, support jobs in the reuse and recycling industry, and in some cases earn money for schools, charities, or your own business.
Industry sources say more than 300 million cartridges end up in landfills each year. That's more than 8 cartridges thrown away in the U.S. every second. The following list includes businesses, and organizations that can help you reuse and recycle your used.
The City of St. Louis offers this list of retailers, which is not inclusive, to help residents reuse and recycle. The City does not endorse any of these businesses or services. Space does not allow us to include all organizations that may be applicable to this list. The variety and availability of these services may change at any time.
Organizations located within the City of St. Louis are demarcated by the Arch decal. Organization located within Missouri are demarcated by the state decal.
- Copier, fax, inkjet, laser, and toner cartridges are accepted. Raise funds for your business, a local school. or a local charity of your choice. They will provide collection containers.
- "...accepts all brands and all types of toner and ink cartridges for recycling. To recycle the used cartridges, simply write "Recycle" or "Used" on the box (or whatever package you have) and give the product to the Corporate Express delivers driver when you receive your next order. You may also call 1.888.CE.TODAY (1.888.238.6329) to schedule a pick-up. There is no charge for us to pick up these items. Corporate Express donates a $1.50 form every cartridge to Junior Achievement."
- Inkjet cartridges are accepted in return for cash back. They will provide boxes with postage paid shipping labels.
- Drop off cartridges in their collection bin or pick up a postage paid shipping envelope.
- They accept inkjet and laser cartridges.
- They refill your empty ink and toner cartridges at minimal cost. They also pay cash for selected empty inkjet cartridges.
- They accept ink jet and toner cartridges, for which they pay cash.
- They accept ink jet and toner cartridges. They provide prepaid mail back boxes.
Cartridges and Cellular Phones
- Inkjet and toner cartridges, cell phones, PDA's, and MP3 Players are accepted in return for cash.
- They accept copier, fax, inkjet, laser, and toner cartridges, and cell phones. Raise funds for a local school. They provide postage paid collection boxes.
- They accept inkjet and laser toner cartridges, and cell phones. There is no fee. They will provide shipping bags or boxes, and prepaid UPS shipping labels. This can be a fundraiser for a local school, church, business, store, organization, etc.
- They provide prepaid shipping labels and pay you for empty ink and toner cartridges, as well as cell phones. See their website for a pricelist.
- They accept inkjet cartridges and cell phones. Pick up a free postage paid envelope from your nearest PetSmart store. For every cartridge or cell phone recycled through this program, PetSmart Charities will receive a $2-$15 donation that will help save homeless pets.
- They accept inkjet, laser, and toner cartridges as well as cell phones. They also provide boxes, prepaid shipping, and promotional materials.
- They accept inkjet, laser, and toner cartridges, and cell phones to raise funds for your organization.
- They accept inkjet and laser cartridges, cell phones, laptops, PDAs, MP3 players, DVDs, GPS systems, video games and consoles, and digital cameras. They provide prepaid shipping labels and pay you cash.
- "We pay you cash for all the empty cartridges and cell phones you collect. Whether you keep the cash for yourself or donate it to your favorite school, charity, or organization, it's your choice!...Send them to us through prepaid collection bags and boxes."
- They accept inkjet, laser, fax, and copier cartridges, as well as cell phones for recycling. They provide free postage-paid, pre-addressed collection boxes for cell phones.