The following information provides details of Refuse Service Fees with the City of St. Louis Refuse Division. City Refuse Service Fees are to improve and repair our cities refuse collection services.
To be ready to pay your refuse Fee be sure to have:
- Account Number
- House Number / Refuse Bill Address
On can pay in person, by mail, credit card, direct payment, or online.
For in person payment go to the following location:
Checks, money orders, and travelers checks are accepted. No cash is Accepted.
- Make checks payable to Gregory F.X. Daly, Collector of Revenue.
- Mail the payment to:
By Credit Card
To pay the refuse Fee by credit card call (314) 622-4179
By direct payment from a checking or savings account
One can pay Refuse Fees directly from a personal checking or savings account by establishing a Direct Payment Plan.
This is a no-cost service and can be cancelled at anytime.
Request a Direct Payment Plan form by calling St. Louis Collector of Revenue's Office at (314) 622-4179, Monday-Friday 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
A billing notice with all the billing information is mailed and the payment amount is automatic.
To make a payment online click the "Begin Online" Button that links to our payit Payment portal.
Payit Payment Portal Steps:
- Sign in as "Guest" or proceeded to create an account using your email or Facebook account. Creating an account enables you to track your payment history.
Select Pay Refuse Fee
Have your Account number or address ready to complete payment
$14 / per Unit
What to Expect
Payment of your refuse collection fee.
Current refuse fees of $14 per unit became effective on August 1, 2017 and are billed monthly.
Ordinance 70579 aims to:
- Repair and replace old trash trucks
- Install new cameras in alleyways to deter illegal dumping
- Improve refuse pickup in your neighborhood
Citizens' Service Bureau
1520 Market St. Room 4087
St. Louis, Mo 63103
Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM (excluding City holidays)