Apply For A Small Vehicle (Bike or Scooter) Sharing Permit
information and application form to submit a bike share and scooter permits for bike share companies to operate in the City of St. Louis.
The City of St. Louis is permitting qualified companies, organizations, vendors, or other entities to design, build, operate, maintain, manage, and market a modern bike share system through a network of publicly-accessible bicycles and scooters located throughout the city.
Ideally, this system would enable the public to access shared bicycles and scooters available in the public right-of-way or on public or publicly-accessible private property as an extension of the public transportation system and as a new mobility option for residents and visitors to our city.
This system could be dockless, with free-standing bikes and scooters that don’t require racks or stations; station-based, where bikes are checked out from a station and returned to another station; or a blend of the two system types. The system is anticipated to be available to the public 24-hours per day, 7 days per week.
- Learn about the Dockless Bike Share Program in St. Louis
- Frequent questions about the Bike Share Program
- Review the Bike Share Policy for requirements
- Review the Bike Share checklist
- Download the Bike Share Policy and complete requirements
- Download and fill out the Bike Share checklist
- Submit your complete application to the Streets Department
- Include the $500 application fee
Mail your application and $500 application fee to:City of St. Louis Department of Streets Traffic and Lighting Division 1900 Hampton Ave. St. Louis, MO 63109
- Annual Permit Fee: $500
This is a yearly fee to cover the Administration of the Permit.
- Annual Bike Share and Scooter Fee: $10/ bike.
This is a yearly cost for infrastructure changes such as converting parking spaces to dedicated bike share and scooter parking, moving street furniture, and putting up signage. (cash or check only)
What to Expect
- Review for Eligibility - Your permit will be reviewed and your eligibility for a permit verified.
- In Person Interview(s) - You will be contacted to schedule an in person interview(s). The interview is required as part of your application process.
Traffic and Lighting Division
St. Louis, Mo 63139
Monday-Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm