Treasury Clerk II
Treasury Clerk II Job Opening
TITLE: Treasury Clerk II
FLSA status: Non-Exempt
Department: Treasury Operations
Immediate Supervisor: Accounting Manager
Employees in this classification will perform a variety of duties including customer service, record keeping, and account clerical work. Employee will process employee garnishments including child support, tax levies, bankruptcies, creditor garnishments, and lump sum payment orders.
- Responsible for processing and implementing garnishments for City of St Louis employees.
- Responsible for review and set-up for all garnishment orders including preparation of orders and correspondence.
- Write, review and process reports to answer letters and interrogatory responses.
- Maintains garnishment with start and stop dates for each order to ensure a timely response according to information contained within order and applicable deadlines.
- Ensure that proper and legal amounts are deducted from employee’s wages, prepare and sends checks to appropriate authorities.
- Ensure the timely set-up of garnishment orders, notification to applicable parties (employees and/or agencies), and timely remittance of payment.
- Ensure resolution of exceptions to completion and reconciliation of files daily.
- Answer calls with regards to garnishments and court orders.
- Maintain writ sequestrations from the Sheriff’s office.
- Prepare reports as necessary and send to appropriate departments.
- Maintain employee records pertaining to garnishments or court orders.
- Transmit checks from all city departments and reconcile with cashier.
- Reconcile bank statements for garnishments and other accounts.
- Provide administrative support such as daily remote check deposits, filing, typing, preparing reports mailing correspondence and other duties in support of the Treasury Department.
- Responsible for downloading all bank and investment statements monthly and following data retention procedures.
- Primary support for cashier duties and operations.
- Other duties as may be assigned by supervisor or Treasurer’s Office management.
- Ability to read, write and speak English is required.
- Proficient use of MS Excel (for spreadsheet applications) & MS Word (correspondence).
- Must possess a high level of interpersonal skill and the ability to deal with a variety of individuals.
- Oracle Net Suite experience preferred. Primary functions will be on Excel and Oracle.
- Has to possess excellent basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division) as well as a good working knowledge of accounting procedures.
- Knowledge and understanding of Federal and State guidelines governing the application and management of wage garnishments and child support orders.
- Knowledge of Treasury’s Office check writing software and bank reconciliation process.
Physical: This is an inside office position and employee will be required to perform routine office functions such as walking, sitting, reaching, etc. May be required to occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Cognitive: Must be able to multi-task and have the ability to make independent decisions within the guidelines of established policies.
Interpersonal: This position requires a high level of skill in dealing with a variety of individuals. Professionalism and the ability to work in a team environment are essential elements of this position.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City of St. Louis Treasurer’s Office will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the Treasurer’s Office.
The City of St Louis Treasurer’s Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants interested in applying for this position, should Apply with our online form by clicking here