The Tiffany neighborhood is defined by Chouteau Avenue on the North, Interstate 44 on the South, Grand Boulevard on the East and 39th Street on the West.
The Tiffany neighborhood as well as present-day Shaw and McRee Town neighborhoods were originally part of the common fields laid out by the French west of Grand Avenue. These included the Cul de Sac Common and the St. Louis Common to the North and the Prairie des Noyers, laid out in 1769, to the South. During this early period, Grand lay far beyond the edge of the settlement of St. Louis. Settlers cultivated various crops in the outlying fields and constructed huts for overnight stays.