Jeff-Vander-Lou (JVL) general boundaries are defined as Natural Bridge Ave. on the Northeast, southward to Farrar St. to North Jefferson Ave. on the East, westward to Delmar Blvd, northward to North Compton Ave. and Dr. Martin Luther King Dr. on the Southwest, northward to N. Vanderventer Ave on the West to Natural Bridge Ave.
- Brandon Bosley Ward 3
- Samuel L Moore Ward 4
- Terry Kennedy Ward 18
- Marlene E Davis Ward 19
- Tammika Hubbard Ward 5
Neighborhood Improvement Specialist(s)
- Bernard Powderly Ward 5 portion
- Jorlon Upchurch Ward 3 portion
- Kurt Tarkington Ward 19 portion
- Larry Isom Ward 4 portion
- Shavette Wayne-Jones Ward 18 portion
Citizens' Service Bureau
Parks in JeffVanderLou
Fairground Park is a municipal park in St. Louis, Missouri, that opened in 1908. It was originally a privately owned facility, used by the St. Louis Agricultural and Mechanical Association for the St. Louis Exposition from 1856 through 1902, though interrupted by the Civil War when the Fairgrounds were used as a Union encampment known as Benton Barracks. The annual exposition ceased in 1902 as preparations for the 1904 World's Fair began. Another blow to the fair's revival after 1904 was the abolition of horse racing in Missouri in 1905.
Norman Seay is considered one of St. Louis' most widely respected civil rights activists. He was also an administrator and director of equal opportunity at the University of Missouri-St. Louis in the suburbs north of St. Louis. He marched in the 1963 Jefferson Bank protests against lack of black professional hirings at the bank and other institutions. This march is considered a key chapter in the civil rights history of St. Louis.
12 comments from people like you have helped us improve this page. Keep the feedback coming!