In November, Mayor Francis G. Slay invited all grade school children in St. Louis to submit a drawing for consideration in his annual Holiday Card Design Contest. Many entries were submitted through local schools as class projects. The winning drawing by Pearl Daily, a student at Froebel Literacy Academy, was used as the design for the Mayor's 2010 Holiday greeting card. The winner and runners-up were recognized at a ceremony in the Mayor's Office last month.
Pictured below from left are: Sam Wobbe, St. Stephen Protomartyr School, 1st Runner-Up; Mayor Francis G. Slay; Pearl Dailey, Froebel Literacy Academy, Winner; and Lucy Myerscough, Stix E.C.C., 2nd Runner-Up.
During the reception immediately following the ceremony, Mayor Slay posed with all the finalists who were in attendance. Pictured from left (front row):
- Zuko Hajrovic, Woerner Elementary, Honorable Mention
- Anthony Beard, Jefferson Elementary, Honorable Mention
- Taylor Gahn, Mallinckrodt Elementary, Honorable Mention
(back row, from left)
- Cierra Cross, Kennard Classical Junior Academy, Honorable Mention
- Sam Wobbe, St. Stephen Protomartyr School, 1st Runner-Up
- Lucy Myerscough, Stix E.C.C., 2nd Runner-Up
- Mayor Francis G. Slay
- Pearl Dailey, Froebel Literacy Academy, Winner
- Tessa Laslo, McKinley Classical Leadership Academy, Honorable Mention
Finalists not able to attend:
- Brian Mendoza, Woodward Elementary, Honorable Mention
- Annie Evola, St. Gabriel the Archangel School, Honorable Mention
To view a .pdf file of all the winning designs, see the associated document below.
Office of the Mayor