Minority Business Development
SLDC works to promote business opportunities and capabilities of minority (MBE) and woman (WBE) owned enterprises, and works to eliminate barriers for equal economic opportunity for MBEs and WBEs in the marketplace.
Core Business Services
- Assist with the M/WBE Certification Process
- Assist M/WBE with Business Expansion Strategies
- Contractor Loan Fund: The fund will make available below market rate construction related loans of up to $1 million dollars to eligible companies.
- SLDC Online Planroom: Visit the online Plan Room portal for easy, fast access to construction bid and job opportunities. View drawings, order prints, upload files and much more.
- Technical and Business Consulting
- Business Incentives
Minority and Women Business Enterprise Program Rules
SLDC has approved new rules governing the certification and compliance of women and minority owned business for participation in the City's Minority and Women Business Enterprise Program (M/WBE Program). Through the M/WBE Program, the City has established certain policies for the utilization of minority and women businesses in its purchasing and contracting practices. The policy sets out a goal of at least 25% certified minority-owned business enterprise participation and at least 5% certified women-owned business enterprise participation for contracts and purchases where City funds are expended.