About Jury Duty
All persons qualified for jury service shall be selected at random from a fair cross section of the citizens of the jurisdiction. All such citizens shall have the opportunity to be considered for jury service and an obligation to serve as jurors when summoned for that purpose.
- A United States citizen
- A resident of the jurisdiction (City of St. Louis)
- At least 21 years of age
- Able to read, speak and understand English
- Physically and mentally able to serve
- Not a convicted felon
- Not a judge of a court of record
- Not on active duty with the armed forces
Persons who believe they are ineligible to serve as a juror may be required to provide documentation or other proof of the reason for ineligibility.
Reporting to Jury Duty
Learn what you’ll need to know about reporting for jury duty.
19 comments from people like you have helped us improve this page. Keep the feedback coming!