Passengers are urged to arrive at least two hours prior to their flights during the next several days leading up to and following the Thanksgiving holiday. Lambert-St. Louis International Airport, the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) and the Airlines are expecting to see a steady increase of passengers for the holiday starting this weekend. The Airport is expecting a passenger increase of 15- 20 percent between now and December 2.
The biggest single travel day of the holiday weekend for Lambert is projected to be the Sunday following Thanksgiving with more than 20,000 departing passengers. The Wednesday before Thanksgiving is projected to be the second busiest day in this travel period. Load factors will be high for most airlines during certain days of the Thanksgiving travel period as well, meaning there will be fewer vacant seats on upcoming flights. Lambert, TSA and Airline officials offer a number of travel tips to make it easier for passengers during the busy travel season.
- Arrive 2 hours ahead of a scheduled flight.
- TSA Pre✓™ is available at all checkpoints with participating airlines.
- Liquids must be in 3.4 ounce containers or less; put in quart size, clear, plastic zip-top bag.
- Do NOT wrap holiday gifts.
- Remember to retrieve all items from the checkpoint after they pass through the security scanners.
- If picking up a passenger from Lambert Airport use one of the free cell phone lots instead of the parking garages.
- For more information on prohibitive items, traveling with children, food and gifts, go to www.tsa.gov.
- Access Lambert Airport information easily via your mobile phone at www.flystl.com.
St. Louis Lambert International Airport