The office of St. Louis Comptroller Darlene Green will host its semiannual American Red Cross Blood Drive on Monday, February 11, in Room 208 of St. Louis City Hall, 1200 Market St, from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Held each year during Black History Month, the blood drive is named in honor of Dr. Charles Drew, the physician and medical researcher who developed the first large-scale blood banks early in World War II.
Blood donations are critically needed now, and there is an ongoing need for donors who are African American to support Sickle Cell patient therapy programs.
Appointments for the drive are full; but staff will accommodate walk-in donors when possible. To schedule an appointment or find another blood drive, call 1-800-RED-CROSS or visit redcrossblood.org.
- WHAT: American Red Cross Charles Drew Blood Drive
- WHEN: February 11, 2019, 11:00 am – 3:00 pm
- WHERE: Room 208, St. Louis City Hall, 1200 Market Street
- WHY: There is an emergency short supply of all blood types. One donation can save up to three lives.
- HOW: Donors can visit www.redcrossblood.org or call 1-800-RED-CROSS to schedule a donation appointment.
Comptroller Darlene Green is the chief fiscal officer of the City of St. Louis and is charged with safeguarding the city’s credit rating and with protecting taxpayer dollars. Visit www.stlouis-mo.gov/comptroller to learn more about the Office of the Comptroller.
Public Information Officer to the Comptroller
Office Phone: (314) 613-7360
Office of the Comptroller
Most Read News
- Comptroller Darlene Green congratulates ownership group and soccer fans on selection of St. Louis for MLS expansion team Comptroller Darlene Green congratulates the MLS4TheLou ownership group and soccer fans for their successful effort to secure an MLS franchise for St. Louis.
- First Day of School and School Attendance August brings Summer fun to a close and ushers in the start of another school year. The first day of school symbolizes the beginning of a new chapter in a child's life and can be both exciting and stressful.
- Ferry to Receive Award from the International Economic Development Council Ferry to Receive Award from the International Economic Development Council document