Red Cross Blood Drive at St. Louis City Hall on February 11
Hosted by Comptroller Darlene Green, the drive raises awareness of sickle cell disease and the need for African American blood donors.
This article is 4 years old. It was published on February 7, 2019.
The office of St. Louis Comptroller Darlene Green will host its semiannual American Red Cross Blood Drive on Monday, February 11, in Room 208 of St. Louis City Hall, 1200 Market St, from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Held each year during Black History Month, the blood drive is named in honor of Dr. Charles Drew, the physician and medical researcher who developed the first large-scale blood banks early in World War II.
Blood donations are critically needed now, and there is an ongoing need for donors who are African American to support Sickle Cell patient therapy programs.
Appointments for the drive are full; but staff will accommodate walk-in donors when possible. To schedule an appointment or find another blood drive, call 1-800-RED-CROSS or visit redcrossblood.org.
- WHAT: American Red Cross Charles Drew Blood Drive
- WHEN: February 11, 2019, 11:00 am – 3:00 pm
- WHERE: Room 208, St. Louis City Hall, 1200 Market Street
- WHY: There is an emergency short supply of all blood types. One donation can save up to three lives.
- HOW: Donors can visit www.redcrossblood.org or call 1-800-RED-CROSS to schedule a donation appointment.
Comptroller Darlene Green is the chief fiscal officer of the City of St. Louis and is charged with safeguarding the city’s credit rating and with protecting taxpayer dollars. Visit www.stlouis-mo.gov/comptroller to learn more about the Office of the Comptroller.
Public Information Officer to the Comptroller
Office Phone: (314) 613-7360
Office of the Comptroller
Most Read News
- St. Louis City Municipal Division Moving to Case.net Municipal Court will use Case.net for new cases filed on or after January 2, 2024.
- Mayor Tishaura O. Jones Signs Senior Property Tax Freeze Bill, Bringing Relief to Senior Homeowners St. Louis joins dozens of local governments throughout the state of Missouri with the signing of this legislation.
- Property Tax Credit/Freeze Information for Senior Citizens Property Tax Credit/Freeze for Senior Citizens