Air Pollution Control
Air Pollution Control provides permitting approval for the following: asbestos abatement, demolition, and occupancy. Inspectors also provide site monitoring and enforcement required by the City ordinance.
As of November 1, 2019, the City of St. Louis Department of Health (DOH) is the delegated authority for asbestos and demolition notifications and inspections. The department's Air Pollution Control Program performs these roles under an agreement with the Missouri Department of Natural Resources. This agreement gives DOH the local authority to ensure that our community is not unnecessarily exposed to asbestos during renovation and demolition projects.
Air Pollution Control Program - Forms
Asbestos abatement projects consisting of greater than 10 sqare feet, 16 linear feet, or 3 cubic feet of asbestos-containing material fall under Ordinance 70607 and all applicable forms are below.
- Asbestos Abatement Project Notification
- Asbestos Abatement Project Amendment
- Asbestos Abatement Post Notification
Demolitions or renovations within the City of St. Louis should include the following forms.
Applicable local, state, and federal regulations for the City of St. Louis are the following:
- City of St. Louis Ordinance 70607 (regulation and control of Air Pollution within the City of St. Louis)
- City of St. Louis Ordinance 70932 (regulation of recreational fires)
- State of Missouri - Air Quality Standards, Definitions, Sampling and Reference Methods and Air Pollution Control Regulations (Division 10, Chapter 6)
- Federal Reguations - National Emission Standard for Asbestos
Below are the fees for services provided by the Air Pollution Control Program. Payments may be made by bringing a BUSINESS CHECK or MONEY ORDER to the City of St. Louis Department of Health, 1520 Market St., Room 4051, St. Louis, MO 63103. Credit Card payments are not available at this time. Payments are accepted during the hours of 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM, Monday through Friday (except on city holidays).
|Annual Asbestos Notification (due 10 calendar days before January 1)||$200|
|Air Pollution Demolition Notification||$100|
|Asbestos Project Notification (NESHAP level)||$200|
Asbestos Abatement Notification (equal to or greater than
|Asbestos Inspection (up to two visits)||$200|
|Application for Variance||$50|
|Request for Administrative Citation Fine Hearing||$20|
Administrative Citation Fine (doubles if not paid in 30 days or
No news found.