Corrections Task Force
The Corrections Task Force is formed to review urgent topics related to the City Justice Center (CJC)
The corrections task force is responsible for thoroughly and independently reviewing current conditions and operations at CJC and assessing any complaints or concerns. The task force is to begin to understand and review the following three urgent topics:
- To investigate the alleged concerns and complaints regarding food, water, temperature, and clothing.
- The need to begin moving cases through the 22nd Judicial Circuit and any other measures possible to address the isolation and uncertainty resulting from the halting of court cases for nearly one year due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- To become apprised of the urgent building and equipment needs of the facility, which is approximately 20 years old.
Task Force Members
- Adolphus Pruitt, President, City of St. Louis NAACP
- Honorable Jamilah Nasheed, retired Missouri State Senator, 5th District
- Alderman Joe Vaccaro, Chair, Board of Aldermen Public Safety Committee
- Alderman Jeffrey Boyd, Vice-Chair, Board of Alderman Public Safety Committee
- Pamela Walker, MPA, Public Health Executive
- Rev. Charles Norris, Pastor, St. James AME Church
- Brad Hompe, MPA, Criminal Justice Systems and Jail Operations Consultant
- Rev. Darryl Gray, Criminal Justice Advocate
Mayor Krewson and Director Edwards Statement on the Corrections Task Force Report
03/12/2021 - Mayor Lyda Krewson and Public Safety Director Judge Jimmie Edwards today released a statement upon receiving the Corrections Task Force’s report
Corrections Task Force Seeks Citizen Information about City Justice Center
02/17/2021 - Corrections Task Force is asking citizens to provide information pertaining to the City Justice Center via mail, zoom or online comment by 2/22/2021
Mayor Krewson Announces Initial Framework for New Corrections Task Force
02/10/2021 - The new Corrections Task Force will begin review of three urgent topics related to the City Justice Center (CJC)
Mayor Krewson Announces New Corrections Task Force
02/08/2021 - Mayor Lyda Krewson today announced the formation of a new corrections task force