Mayor Tishaura O. Jones announces the appointments of Nancy Cross and Amber Simms to her administration, as well as Alisha Sonnier to the vacant seat on the St. Louis Public Schools
Board of Education.
- Nancy Cross has been appointed as the Mayor’s Director of Operations. Cross previously served with the Service Employees International Union, Local 1, for more than 20 years.
- Amber Simms has been appointed as the new Register for the City of St. Louis. Simms is a former State Representative for the 60th District of Missouri.
- Alisha Sonnier is a mental health advocate and community organizer who came in a close fourth in April’s School Board race. Sonnier was the only candidate endorsed by Mayor Jones.
“I am thrilled to appoint such dynamic, hardworking women into City government. We all have a common goal: to make the City of St. Louis a better place to live, work, and educate our children, and I look forward to working with each of them in pursuit of that goal.”
-Mayor Tishaura O. Jones
Cross will begin on Wednesday, May 12, and Simms on Monday, May 17. Sonnier will attend her first school board meeting this evening, May 11, at 6:30pm.
Public Information Officer
Office Phone: (314) 622-4072
Office of the Mayor
Board of Education for the City of St. Louis
Local Government Offices, Agencies, and Departments
Public and Private Schools
Most Read News
- Mayor Jones' Statement on Emptying the Workhouse As of yesterday, there are no detainees remaining in the Medium Security Institution, commonly known as the Workhouse.
- SLATE Executive Director elected to the United Way Board of Directors SLATE Executive Director elected to the United Way Board of Directors release
- SLATE Receives $1.1 Million U.S. Department of Labor Grant in Support of St. Louis YouthBuild Program St. Louis Agency on Training and Employment (SLATE) announced that the agency has won a $1.1 million federal grant from the U.S. Department of Labor to support the St. Louis Youthbuild program.