This article is 3 years old. It was published on January 15, 2019.
The 2019 MLK Day of Service is almost here – and Americans across the country are rolling up their sleeves in service. Are you ready to get out and serve?
Making time to volunteer for the 2019 MLK Day of Service is a great way to engage with your community while honoring the legacy of Dr. King.
Whether you plan on grabbing a paintbrush, mentoring a young person, or helping to clean up a public space in the next few days, know that what you do makes a world of difference.
The upcoming events are an opportunity to re-commit ourselves as citizens by volunteering in service to one another.
Find out More on the MLK Day of Service.
Let Freedom Ring
To celebrate Martin Luther King Day Jan. 21, Christ Church Cathedral will hold continual readings from Dr. King’s historic speeches and writings from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the nave of the church, at 13th and Locust streets downtown.
The annual Let Freedom Ring program at the cathedral offers a meaningful and respectful reflection on the life and contributions of the great civil rights leader in an inspiring sacred space.
- Date: Janurary 21th, 2019
- Time: 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Location: 1210 Locust Street, St. Louis, MO 63103
MLK Community Celebration
Bring your family to the Missouri History Museum to celebrate and reflect on the life and legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Discuss how to make a difference in your community, create peace-inspired art, meet local and nationally renowned authors, and explore stories of the civil rights movement and the work of Dr. King.
Date: Janurary 21st, 2019
Location: Saint Louis History Museum
UMSL MLK Day of Service
MLK Day of Service is open to anyone 13+. Minors must be accompanied by an adult and waivers must be signed by the parent/guardian (sent in advance).
Contact Dr. Ashlee Roberts at firstname.lastname@example.org or (314) 516-5291. Email will be the only option from December 24-January 13.
- Date: Janurary 21th, 2018
- Time: 7:45am - 1:00pm
- Location: University of Missouri - St. louis Campus - Millennium Student Center - 3rd Floor
7:45 AM Check-In (Millennium Student Center-3rd Floor)
8:30 AM Welcome and Overview of the Day
8:40 AM Site Dismissal
9-12 PM Serve at sites
1:00 PM Arrive back to UMSL for lunch and short program
Office of the Mayor
Missouri History Museum
History and Heritage
Most Read News
- City of St. Louis Outlines Preparations for Possible Winter Storm As the National Weather Service (NWS) declares a Winter Storm Warning for our region beginning Tuesday, January 24, the City of St. Louis is joining the NWS to urge residents to take precautions and preventive measures to protect themselves and their families during and after the storm.
- Information about Cloudy Water This phenomenon normally occurs during the winter months in St. Louis and is not related to the quality or safety of the tap water.
- Mayor Tishaura O. Jones Signs Bill to Place Charter Commission Amendment on April Ballot, Offering St. Louisans Stronger Voice in Modernizing City Government Proposed measure would create a citizen-driven commission to review and recommend amendments to the St. Louis City Charter