The appointments follow notice from the St. Louis Board of Election Commissioners that it has certified the petition to create a Board of Freeholders.
State law requires that within 10 days after the certification the mayor shall, with the approval of a majority of the Board of Aldermen, appoint the city’s nine members of the board.
State law further requires that “not more than five of whom shall be members of or affiliated with the same political party.”
The appointments are:
- Abdul-Kaba Abdullah Independent
- Bridget Flood Democrat
- LaShana Lewis Democrat
- Taunia Allen Mason Republican
- James Mathis Republican
- Rev. Earl Nance Jr. Democrat
- Eddie Roth Independent
- Jerry Schlichter Democrat
- Dan Zdrodowski Republican
“Time is of the essence, and to that end, I am submitting these names on the same date the Election Board certified the signatures,” Krewson said. “I’m encouraged by the 130 individuals who expressed an interest in serving.”
Office of the Mayor
Board of Aldermen
Local Government Offices, Agencies, and Departments
Most Read News
- Board of Aldermen Begin New Session Board of Aldermen begins the 2019-2020 legislative session
- Fitch Ratings Issues Rating Increase for STL Airport Revenue Bonds Fitch Ratings has upgraded $180 million of outstanding St. Louis Lambert International Airport airport revenue bonds, to ‘A’ from ‘A-’.
- Comptroller Green Opposes Issuance of Airport Privatization RFQ Process supports special interests not the public interest.