Overview and amenities for Francis Park
Francis Park was named after David Rowland Francis, the President of the Louisiana Purchase Exposition in 1889, former mayor of St. Louis (1885-1889) and Missouri Governor (1889-1893). In 1916, he donated 60 acres to the city for Francis Park.
Francis Park is one of 2 parks serving the beautiful St. Louis Hills neighborhood, along with Willmore Park. The neighborhood that flanks the park includes tree lined streets, a school, churches on every corner and lots and lots of well maintained and cared for homes. You can tell there is a lot of neighborhood pride in this part of the city.
While it serves as a spot for tennis and handball for some, it also is a wonderful place to have a picnic, listen to a band concert, take the children to the playground or watch a soccer or softball game.
- Francis Park Handball Courts (Handball Courts)
- Francis Park Racquetball Court (Raquetball Courts)
- Francis Soccer Field (Soccer Fields)
- Francis Field 01S (Softball Fields)
- Francis Park Tennis Courts (Tennis Courts)
Sports and Recreation Facilities
- Francis Park Playground (Playgrounds)
Park and Amenities Map
3 comments from people like you have helped us improve this page. Keep the feedback coming!