St. Louis Hills Neighborhood
The St. Louis Hills neighborhood is bounded by Chippewa Street to the northwest and north, Hampton Avenue to the east, Gravois Avenue to the southeast, and the city limits to the southwest.
The vicinity in and around St. Louis Hills represents one of the last large expanses to be developed within the City of St. Louis' 1876 boundaries. Although this area was included among the earliest French colonial land claims, it remained largely undeveloped or agricultural for one and one half centuries. It was Cyrus Crane Willmore who provided the impetus for finally launching the area's urbanization.