October 2010: "I appreciate the beautiful work of art that you built in my yard (the ramp) smile. I'll always remember the group of young men who liberated me. Sincerely, an old lady, Miriam Askew"
This letter is one of the many thank you letters that Home Services has received after providing minor home repair services to seniors and persons with disabilities living in the City of St. Louis. Since 1977, Home Services has helped thousands of seniors and persons with disabilities live in their homes longer. Home Services contracts with the St. Louis Area Agency on Aging and other organizations to provide these services at no charge.
Some of the services they provide include:
Minor Home Repairs
- Weather stripping
- Door sweeps
- Pipe wrap
- Hot Water Tank
- Servicing heating and cooling systems
- Grab bars
- Bath and kitchen modifications
- Modified door openings
- Roll-in showers
- Stair lifts
- Wheelchair lifts
- Customized ramps
- Window air-conditioning units for the medically needy
- Smoke detectors and CO2 Detectors
- Address numbers for emergency identification
Code Abatement Program
- City building code violations
Healthy Home Repair Program
- This program provides a mix of loans and grants for essential repairs. In return, you are asked to invest some time in learning how to care for your home and manage your finances.
For more information about Home Services, call (314) 771-5000. To learn more about these and other services for seniors and persons with disabilities, please contact the
St. Louis Area Agency on Aging at (314) 612-5918.
Department of Human Services
Home Repairs and Renovation