The US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) has issued the FY2021 Continuum of Care Program Notice of Funding Opportunity on August 18, 2021. Renewal and prospective new applicants are strongly encouraged to read and review the NOFO and resource documents on the HUD Exchange. Important notes from the NOFO for new and renewal applicants:
- This year, HUD is prioritizing projects coordinating with housing providers and healthcare organizations to provide permanent supportive housing (PSH) and rapid rehousing (RRH) services.
- HUD will prioritize projects that follow a Housing First orientation.
Links to important HUD information:
- FY2021 CoC HUD NOFO
- Renewal Applicants Detailed Instructions
- New Project Application Detailed Instructions
- eSNAPS resources (funding application web portal)
Local CoC Program Competition
The City of St. Louis and the Continuum of Care will be formally issuing a joint RFP detailing the process for applying for funds and the local Rank and Review process for the local competition. The joint RFP Notice is anticipated to be published here no later than mid-September.
However, you do not need to wait until September 10 to get informed, prepared and consider a new project. Review the materials above!