“Serving the citizens of St. Louis with modern solutions that meet their expectations and make their lives easier is our top priority,” City of St. Louis License Collector Mavis T. Thompson, Esq. said. “Being able to expand and introduce new elements to the citizen-government experience with a partner like PayIt ensures that we're continually meeting that goal.”
St. Louis residents will be able to complete applications for business licenses, and look up existing licenses for renewal by logging into payitSt.Louis using their existing sign-in information. Adding the licensing feature to payitSt.Louis also allows citizens to complete transactions using the preferred payment methods they have saved in the system’s secure digital wallet while making payments for property taxes, earnings taxes, utility bills, and court citations and tickets.
Digitizing business license application and renewal streamlines the process by making it easier for business owners to complete these necessary tasks while eliminating manual paperwork. Licensing support is also available 24/7 for residents through payitSt.Louis.
"Partnering with local leaders to continue expanding payitSt.Louis and make government processes more efficient and easier for citizens is a privilege for our team,” Chief Revenue Officer Neil Graham said. “We are thrilled to work with License Collector Thompson to add business licensing and renewal to payitSt.Louis so St. Louis citizens can complete the process quickly and efficiently."
Launched in 2017 as the city’s official all-in-one digital experience, payitSt.Louis is currently available to download in the Google Play store for Android devices as well as the Apple App Store for iOS devices. It can also be accessed through a web browser at https://payitstlouis.com.
PayIt is the leading SaaS provider of digital government services and payments. Through cloud-native technology, PayIt’s platform simplifies doing business with government agencies of any size by consolidating hundreds of services and payments into one connected experience for citizens. Within a 90-day launch period, PayIt delivers a platform that allows citizens to handle all of their essential government tasks (i.e. taxes, driving documents, permits, licenses, fines).
This innovative approach to government service delivery has garnered significant recognition in both the public and private sectors:
● GovTech 100 (2017-2022)
● Fast Company Innovation in Design Award (2019)
● StateScoop 50 State IT Innovation of the Year (2019-2020)
● NASCIO State IT Recognition finalist (2020)
● LocalSmart Awards (2020)
● Smart 50 Award (2021)
Office of the License Collector
Business Regulation and Licensing
Most Read News
- Ahead of 4th of July, City of St. Louis Reminds Residents of Dangers of Illegal Fireworks Use Firefighters, veterans urge residents to stay safe and leave fireworks to the professionals
- New Emergency Rental Assistance Portal to Open Tuesday, Serving Both St. Louis City and County Residents The application will be managed by LiveStories, a company selected to oversee the application process for both the city and the county.
- St. Louis City and County Urge Testing to Curb the Sustained Rise in Syphilis and Congenital Syphilis Cases From 2015 to 2021, the number of syphilis cases in Missouri increased by 259 percent. In 2021, there were 63 congenital syphilis cases reported in Missouri, the highest since 1994.