Any person who engages in any business, occupation, pursuit, profession, calling, avocation, or trade within the City Limits of St. Louis is required to have a business license.
- Review the Business License Information.
- You may want to check to see if your business is exempt.
- Be prepared to provide extensive details on your business, including but not limited to:
- Business email address
- EIN/Fed or ID/SSN
- Trade name
- True name
- Structure address (P.O. box is not allowed)
- Number of employees
- Business owner information (Name, SSN, date of birth, address, email, phone number)
- Business contact information if different than the owner
- Driver's license information (number, expiration, state)
Any additional information or documents that are needed will be requested by the License Collector's Office after the application is received.
- Go to PayitStlouis.
- Follow the prompts to log in, sign up or continue as a guest.
- Select "License Application."
- Complete application.
- Receive confirmation message.
- The License Collector’s Office will review your application and send you an email regarding next steps.
- Comply with ALL applicable next steps.
There will be fees associated with credit card transactions (Visa, Master Card, Discover, American Express) and e-checks when you proceed to payment after your application is completed and approved.
What to Expect
- After the application is submitted, the License Collector’s Office will review your application and email you regarding next steps.
- The License Collector's Office will notify you when all application requirements are met and you will be asked to make payment.
Office of the License Collector
1200 Market Street,
City Hall Room 102-104
St. Louis, MO 63103
Monday - Friday 8 AM - 5 PM