Pay a Water-Refuse Bill
Options for how to pay a water-refuse bill to the Collector of Revenue’s Office
On This Page
The majority of all water-refuse billing is done within three quarterly cycles. Cycles 1,2, and 3 include residential customers who are billed a flat rate and have fixed billing and due dates. Metered water-refuse accounts are billed separately, the amounts vary each quarter, and have billing dates that fluctuate slightly. Payment for water-refuse services is due 15 days after the billing date.
There are several ways to pay a water-refuse bill: in person at several locations, by mail, by direct payment from a checking or savings account, via phone, and online at payitstlouis.com.
To pay a water-refuse bill, you will need your account number and property address. The account number is listed on the bill in the upper-right corner.
In person payment can be made at the following locations:
- Water Division - payments will be accepted in the form of check, cashier's check or money order.
1640 S. Kingshighway
St. Louis, MO 63110
Monday - Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m, dropbox payments can be made at any time.
- City Hall - payments will be accepted in the form of cash, check, money order, cashier's check, debit or credit card (except Visa)
Office of the Collector of Revenue
St. Louis, MO 63103
Monday - Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
You may also pay your water and solid waste services fees at some local Schnucks and Dierbergs stores and area convenience marts. See a list of stores where you can pay your water-refuse bill.
Payment can be mailed in the form of check, money order, and cashier's check. No cash is accepted.
Mail the payment along with your bill stub to:
Gregory F.X. Daly, Collector of Revenue
PO Box 66787
St. Louis MO 63166-6787
Payments can be made by calling 314-408-6887 using a debit or credit card.
Direct payment from a checking or savings account
You can pay water-refuse bills directly from a personal checking or savings account by enrolling in the Direct Payment Program. This is a no-cost service and can be cancelled at any time.
Direct Payment Plan forms are available here, or they can be requested by calling the St. Louis Collector of Revenue's Office at (314) 622-4179, Monday-Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
A billing statement will continue to be mailed for your records, or you can enroll in e-billing through the Water Department at stlwater.com.
To make a payment online, click the Begin Online Button that links to our payment portal.
- Sign in as Guest or create an account using your email or Facebook account. Creating an account enables you to track your payment history.
- Select Pay Water and Refuse Bill
- Have your account number and address ready to complete payment
Begin online Call (314) 408-6887
Water Bill Fees vary by Meter Rate Type
Visit Water Division Water Rates for more accurate information on the type of rates and fees that apply to your water bill.
Current refuse fees of $14 per unit became effective on July 14, 2017.
No discounts are offered under the current ordinance. At $14 per dwelling unit, the City's undiscounted fee is lower than the discounted fees charged in the jurisdictions surrounding the City.
There is a 2.45% transaction fee for credit or debit card payments and a $1.25 fee for ACH transactions.
What to Expect
Once you pay your water bill, your account will be in good standing until the next billing cycle.
If you do not pay your your bill on time or only pay for one service (water only or refuse only), the City will take all necessary and appropriate legal actions to collect the balance due. Typically, these legal actions will begin ninety (90) days from the due date.
Flat Rate Vs Metered Rate
Residential water users who currently have a meter and are interested in exploring a flat rate should contact the Water Division to see if they qualify for flat rate billing. The Water Division can assess whether a flat rate is comparable to a customer metered rate and/or calculate such a rate.
More on calculating a flat rate on the Water Division Water Rates website.
Refuse Collection Rules
City solid waste services include:
- twice weekly collection (one trash pickup and one recycling pickup)
- weekly collection of yard waste March-December
- monthly pickup of bulky items (furniture, appliances, tires, waste motor oil, car batteries, etc.).
Additional information about refuse collection is available on the Refuse Collection Rules page.
Who to Contact
The Collector of Revenue provides payment collection service for the City of St. Louis Water and Refuse Divisions.
- For questions regarding payment, please contact the Collector of Revenue office.
- For questions concerning water billing address, bill amount, water services, repairs, rates or emergency work, contact the Water Division.
- Questions about the solid waste service fees (number of units billed) should be reported to the Citizens' Service Bureau (CSB). CSB will report your question to the Refuse Division, and the Refuse Division will contact you to respond. If a correction made to your bill results in a credit to your account, the credit will appear on your next quarterly statement.
- To report a problem with your refuse service, please contact the Citizens' Service Bureau
COR Water-Refuse Billing
Fax: (314) 613-7041
St. Louis City Hall, Room 110
1200 Market Street
St. Louis, MO 63103-2895
Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm
St. Louis, MO 63139
Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
1640 S. Kingshighway
St. Louis, MO 63110
Monday - Friday 8 AM - 5 PM
1 comment from someone like you has helped us improve this page. Keep the feedback coming!