Single Stream Recycling for Residents
Learn more about the City of St. Louis' single-stream recycling pick-up service, how it works, schedules and more resources.
The City of St. Louis offers Single Stream Recycling Service to all city residents.
Single Stream Recycling Services are limited to:
- plastic bottles and containers
- metal food and beverage cans
- glass bottles and jars
- food and beverage cartons
We appreciate your interest and participation in the City of St. Louis' Recycling Service.
Locate your blue bin:
- Recycling Using the City's Blue Alley Dumpsters
- Recycling Using the City's Blue Roll carts
- Report missing or problems with dumpsters or roll carts.
Know Your Pick-up Schedule:
- Find schedules for your address by entering your address in the address look up.
- Regular pick-up dates are generally posted on dumpsters and roll carts (e.g., 1st Monday, 2nd Monday, etc.).
- Read more about collection schedules and holiday adjustments.
- Schedule changes are posted at @StlStreets on Twitter.
- Collect and sort your trash in to the allowed materials.
- Place your sorted recyclable material in the correct alleyway Blue Bins.
- For updated schedules check the links below.
What goes in the blue bin?
$14/month per unit /residence.
Covered by your solid waste services fee collected quarterly on your water bill.
What to Expect
- City refuse trucks will empty dumpsters and roll-out carts on a Monday/Thursday or a Tuesday/Friday schedule, depending on location.
- In the rare event of pick-up schedule changes due to emergencies or inclement weather will be posted on our twitter feed at www.stlouis-mo.gov/streets.
- Solid waste pick-up at least once per week.
- Yard waste pick-up once per week.
- Bulky items &"B.O.A.T." pick-up once per month.
- Transfer station drop-off locations for residents (one standard truck load) once per month.
Beyond the blue bin
Sometimes materials cannot be placed into the blue bin, but may still be recyclable. See the following miscellaneous recycling options:
- Automotive Materials and Batteries
- Bulk and B.O.A.T. pick up
- Charities that pick up donations
- Drop-off Locations
- Hauling Services
- Hazardous Household Materials
- Other Miscellaneous Recycling
Visit Saint Louis City Recycles to learn about all of the City's recycling services
Identify recycling drop-off locations in the City of St. Louis.
Learn more about the City of St. Louis' Recycling Division.
If you do not have a blue dumpster or roll-cart, contact the Citizen's Service Bureau at 314-622-4800, or with the "Begin Online" button above.
St. Louis, MO 63110
Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
3 comments from people like you have helped us improve this page. Keep the feedback coming!