Locate Compost and Wood Chips Pick Up Sites
Locations where City of St. Louis residents can pick up compost and wood chips at no cost.
Organic materials (wood chips and compost) is available at no cost to city residents and is delivered weekly at the following sites:
- Bell & Vandeventer -Ward 18 - Bell Garden
- Lee & Euclid - Ward 1 - In alley off Euclid
- 9th & Barton - Ward 7
- Geyer & Ohio - Ward 6 - On Geyer, west of Ohio
- Chippewa & Oregon - Ward 20 - NE corner
- Park & Dolman - Ward 6 - On Dolman, south of Park
- Carondelet Park - Ward 13 - East end of park off Holly Hills and west of YMCA
- Hickey Park - Ward 2 - Conduit Drive
Is generated by our chippers when trees and limbs are removed. The material is excellent for covering large areas, and makes a good surface between garden rows to handle foot traffic. It is not preferred material for enhancing garden soil as its too blocky and needs a couple of years to break down.
Is generated from shredded and decayed leaves. This material is an excellent soil enhancer and is often used directly on garden beds. Our quantity is sometimes limited. This material is produced at our facility in Carondelet Park.
- Tools (pitch fork, spade, rakes, etc.) and something to collect the materials.
- Choose Site
- If using the Carondelet facility confirm hours of operations, as materials are behind the gate
- Monday - Friday, 7 am - 4 pm
- Saturdays, 7 am - 2 pm
Bring your tools and collect the organic materials.
FeesWood chips and compost is available at no cost to City Residents.
What to Expect
To obtain wood chips and compost at no cost.
Division of Forestry
1415 N. 13th St.
St. Louis, Mo 63106
Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM