Learn about the Forestry Division's compost operations, location, and Residential Yard Waste Drop Off services.
The Forestry Division Tree Section is responsible for planting, pruning, removing street and parks trees, and code enforcement
The Weed Control Sections maintains the vegetation growing on the City property and on vacant, unkept lots and building throughout the City.
Commissioner of Forestry
Email & full profile
Grass Cutting for Vacant Buildings Request for Proposals 2024
Opens: 01/22/2024 | Closes: 03/01/2024 05:00 PM
- Apply for a Tree Permit to Maintain Individuals who directly or indirectly perform maintenance on any City Tree must obtain a permit to maintain.
- Free Firewood for City Residents The City of St. Louis Department of Parks, Recreation and Forestry offers free firewood to the residents from the second week in November to the first week in March.
- Locate Compost and Wood Chips Pick Up Sites Find locations where City of St. Louis residents can pick up compost and wood chips at no cost.
- Locate Compost Drop Off Learn about the composting service, drop off location, and schedule.
- Locate Residential Yard Waste Drop Off Location and schedule for City of St. Louis residents who need to dispose of residential yard waste.
- Participate in the Tree-Membrance Program Information about the City of St. Louis Forestry Division's Tree-Membrance Program - donate or dedicate a tree in a City park in memory of or in honor of a person or event
- Report a Tree Problem or Request a New Tree Request a new tree, report tree problems between street and sidewalk, fallen limbs, and inspections.
- Report Weeds and High Grass Report Weeds and high grass on vacant properties or request inspection of occupied properties.
Forestry Division Menu
7 comments from people like you have helped us improve this page. Keep the feedback coming!