In addition to disposing of yard waste in yard waste dumpster or roll carts, City residents may also drop off residential yard waste materials at the composting operation contracted by the Forestry Division (St. Louis Composting Inc.).
Drop Off Hours
First Saturday of each month except when a holiday falls on the first Saturday. In that case drop off will be the 2nd Saturday.
Drop Off LocationSt. Louis Composting 560 Terminal Row St. Louis, MO 63147
For information Call (314) 868-1612
- Bring proof of identity and residency documents
- your driver’s license or State ID, and
- any other recent utility bill that demonstrates you live in the city.
- Commercial vehicles are not allowed to dump as part of this program.
- Review the list below of what is accepted and what is not accepted yard waste materials for disposal.
Materials accepted for drop off:
- Grass clippings
- Twigs (less than two inches in diameter)
- Garden Plants
Materials not accepted for drop off:
- Broken concrete
- Tree limbs
- Railroad Tires
- Animal feces and dead animal
- Arrive to the drop off location during the desiganted Saturday drop off hours
- Show proof of City residence. The compost drop off service is for City residents only.
- You will be instructed where to drop off the materials.
- For additional information contact St. Louis Composting:
The yard waste drop off is a free service to St. Louis City residents.
What to Expect
Disposal of accepted materials for composting.
Division of Forestry
1415 N. 13th St.
St. Louis, Mo 63106
Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
2 comments from people like you have helped us improve this page. Keep the feedback coming!