Free Firewood for City Residents
The City of St. Louis Department of Parks, Recreation and Forestry offers free firewood to the residents from the second week in November to the first week in March.
Free firewood is available for pickup at three locations starting on the 2nd Monday in November.
All wood comes from the removal of dead or structurally damaged trees from City streets and parks.
Firewood Pickup Locations
Forest Park – Lower Muny Opera Parking Lot
O'Fallon Park - North of Picnic Site #4
Carondelet Park - Compost and mulch heaps location off Grand and Holly Hills, area between gate and recycling containers.
Confirm hours of operations. The pickup area in Carondelet Park is behind the gate:
Monday - Friday, 7am - 4pm
Saturdays, 7am - 2pm
- Daily wood supply is NOT guaranteed.
- Wood is typically dropped off after 3:00 p.m.
- Free firewood will be available until the first week of March
- Choose a free firewood location closest to your address.
- Arrive with material to haul or carry away firewood safely.
- Commercial vehicles and trailers are prohibited due to park restrictions.
For questions, contact the Forestry Division at (314) 613-7200
Firewood is free to all city residents.
What to Expect
The wood from tree maintenance operations will vary in size and species when left for City residents. Ash wood will not be available.
Wood is not split.
All wood is offered on a first come, first served basis.
Free firewood at Forest Park (lower Muny Opera parking lot)
St. Louis, MO 63139
Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM