Charities that Pick Up Donations
A list of organizations that accept and pick up donations of useful items.
Donate items and keep them out of the landfill! The City of St. Louis offers this list of charities, which is not inclusive, to help citizens find a new home for their old items. The City does not endorse any of these businesses or services. Space does not allow us to include all organizations that may be applicable to this list. The variety and availability of these services may change at anytime.
Accepted: Clothing, household items, furniture, major appliances.
- Accepted: Usable clothing of all sizes, hats, belts, shoes, purses, and small household items such as blankets, linens, towels, pots, pans, toys. Small household appliances, clean and in good working condition, such as TVs, microwaves, dishes, knickknacks-knacks, small computers. If it's usable and one person can easily move and load it, they will probably accept it.
- No: Large furniture or major appliances.
Accepted: Household, building, and construction materials in good condition, including unopened paint cans, doors and windows, plumbing and electrical fixtures, lumber, appliances, cabinets, hardware, and roofing materials.
Phone: 314.773.9090 (x 220 or x145)
Call or check their website for more information on donations accepted.
Consult their website or call for more information on donations accepted.
- Accepted for pick-up or drop-off: furniture, patio furniture, antiques, lamps, mirrors, artwork; packed in boxes: china, crystal, silverware, jewelry, table linens, coffee table books & cook books – anything decorative.
- No: Appliances, mattresses, sheets & towels, clothing, pots & pans, office furniture, exercise equipment, electronics (TVs, microwaves, stereos, etc.), TV entertainment cabinets, child car seats, drop-side baby beds, soiled or damaged items.
- Accepted: clothing, dishes, most household items, furniture
- No: metal furniture, torn, stained, or broken items
Accepted: All usable household items and clothing, non-perishable goods, most furniture, mattresses, box springs, beds.
No: Office furniture, pet supplies, exercise equipment.
Phone: 314.881.6006 (To schedule a pick up)
Accepted: Gently used furniture, household items, clothing (clean, with no rips, tears, or stains), small appliances in good working order.
No: Large appliances, such as refrigerators, stoves, washing machines, etc.
- Accepted: Baby items, bedding, bikes, books, clothing, curtains and drapes, housewares, jewelry, kitchenwares, shoes, small furniture and appliances, tools, toys, etc.
YWCA of Metro St. Louis - Head Start Program
Note: The YWCA collects items once they have found a family in need of that item. Then, they take it directly to the family. Call ahead to let them know what you have to donate.