With 120+ volunteers and a tremendous outpouring of donations in the form of cash and goods, the #STL4OKC relief effort was a huge success.
Nearly $20,000 #STL4OKC tracked cash/check donations to American Red Cross were raised along with 80,000 lbs of new goods and supplies (valued at over $200,000); all within a 30 hour period
5,000+ affected families in Oklahoma City and its suburbs will directly benefit from #STL4OKC. Thank you to all involved in making this possible.
Goods and Cash Donation Drive
Thursday, May 23rd 4 p.m. – 10:30 p.m.Broadway & Spruce across from Gate One at Busch Stadium (Tums Parking Lot)
Friday, May 24th 7 a.m. – 7 p.m.Loughborough Commons
I-55 & Loughborough
I-44 & Lindbergh
Each location will be equipped with a tractor trailer and packed as we receive donations.At least one 53' tractor-trailer loaded with 50,000 lbs of new goods and supplies will depart immediately after the donation drive to deliver #STL4OKC donations to Oklahoma City.
New and Prepackaged Supplies Needed
|Baby Items – Diapers, wipes, formula, Pedialyte or equivalent
Personal needs - lip balm, Insect repellant, bathroom tissue, feminine hygiene products, sunscreen, eye drops, first aid supplies, wet wipes, toiletries
Cleaning supplies – bleach, disinfectant, paper towels
Building and packing materials –small hand tools such as hammers, screwdrivers, nails, crow bars, saws, screws, work gloves, plywood, Duct tape, heavy duty garbage bags, storage containers, nylon rope, large plastic containers tarps
Pet supplies – food, kitty litter, pet bowls
Children shoes, socks, underwear, clothes, sports equipment (balls)
Batteries (C and D sizes)
CASH Donations can be made , calling 1-800-REDCROSS or texting the word REDCROSS to 90999 to make a $10 donation.Your cash donation helps provide food, shelter and emotional support to residents of impacted areas.
The following companies and organizations have generously donated time and resources towards to this effort – Switch: Liberate Your Brand, Contemporary Productions, American Red Cross Greater St. Louis Region, Fresh 102.5fm, Girl Scouts of Eastern Missouri, Hogan Transport, KMOX, Loy-Lange Box Company, and The Veiled Prophet Foundation.
Office of the Mayor
Volunteering,Ambulance and Emergency Services
Most Read News
- City of St. Louis Sees $1 Billion Construction Boom Fiscal Year 2016 (FY16) Increase Among Largest in Past Decade.
- NGA Declares City of St. Louis Preferred Site for New $1.75 Billion Facility The NGA is expected to begin building a $1.75 billion facility in 2017 to move its 3,100 employees
- City Begins Removal of Trees Infected or Threatened by Emerald Ash Borer Treatments on More Than 1,000 Large, Healthy Ash Trees Continue.
- Downtown Parking Restrictions Parking restrictions and street closures for upcoming parades, runs, and festivals in Downtown St. Louis.
- Project Connect to Hold Second Public Meeting September 26 Meeting at Confluence Academy in Old North St. Louis will inform the public about Project Connect’s progress and provide opportunity to for citizen input