Central West End
Central West End general boundaries are defined as Delmar Blvd. on the North, southward to N Vandeventer Ave. on the East, westward to Interstate Highway 64 (I-64) on the South, northward to S. Kingshighway Blvd, westward to Lindell Blvd. northward to Union Blvd on the West to Delmar Blvd.
In the late 1870s, a 1400-acre city park was developed west of town that began to attract the area's wealthy elite who sought to escape the bustle of the city. Forest Park was developed and by 1888, this area expanded to include Central West End streets, such as Lindell Boulevard, while the CWE neighborhood developed Westmoreland and Portland places, along with Forest Park Terrace, all grand and lavish in style.
Neighborhood Improvement Specialists
Citizens' Service Bureau
- Central West End Neighborhood Association Facebook Page
- Central West End Neighborhood Association Website Page
- Central West End Neighborhood Security Initiative
- Central West End Scene Facebook Page
- Cortex Innovation Community Website
- Park Central Development Corporation
- Park Central Development Corporation Facebook Page
- Washington University Medical Center Redevelopment Corporation Facebook Page
- West Pine Laclede Neighborhood Association Website