Skinker DeBaliviere Neighborhood
The neighborhood is defined by Delmar Boulevard on the North, Forsyth Boulevard and Lindell Boulevard on the South, DeBaliviere Avenue on the East, and by the City limits on the West.
Designated a Local Historic District by the City of St. Louis in 1978, the Skinker/DeBaliviere neighborhood displays some of the most beautiful variety of architecture in the City. The 1904 Louisiana Purchase Exposition (World’s Fair) was a catalyst for the building of many architecturally significant homes on the land adjacent to Forest Park. These homes include those in Julius Pitzman’s Parkview Place (1905), which is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.