(ST. LOUIS—January 5, 2018) The following statement comes from City of St. Louis Comptroller Darlene Green:
This agreement is a positive outcome and in the best interest of city taxpayers. I am pleased that all parties were able to come together, and grateful for the hard work of my staff and others who made this agreement possible. It is my hope it will mitigate impact on the city’s general fund and credit rating.
We now focus on moving forward in this new year. We are proposing a $50 million no-tax-increase G.O. bond issue to help meet the city’s capital needs.
Comptroller Darlene Green is the chief fiscal officer of the City of St. Louis and is charged with safeguarding the city’s credit rating and with protecting taxpayer dollars. Visit www.stlouis-mo.gov/comptroller to learn more about the Office of the Comptroller.
Public Information Officer to the Comptroller
Office Phone: (314) 613-7360
Office of the Comptroller
- Comptroller Calls for Vote on $50M No-Tax-Increase GO Bonds in 2018
- Statement on Scottrade Center Renovations - Dec 5
- St. Louis Comptroller Darlene Green Statement on Lawsuit with Kiel Center Partners
- Why I Have not Approved the Issuance of Bonds for Scottrade Renovations
- Statement on Funding for Scottrade Center Renovations
Most Read News
- Volunteer for the 2019 Street and In Shelter Point-in-Time Count Last day to register to volunteer for the Street and In Shelter Point-in-Time Count is January 15th, 2019. Information collected during the PIT count guides efforts to end homelessness in St. Louis.
- Winter Shelter and Outreach Operations in Effect Tonight January 10th 2019 Increased Outreach and Shelter Beds Available
- Comptroller Darlene Green hosts American Red Cross blood drive Feb 11 The semi-annual blood drive raises awareness of sickle cell disease and is held in honor of Dr. Charles Drew during Black History Month.