(ST. LOUIS—January 5, 2018) The following statement comes from City of St. Louis Comptroller Darlene Green:
This agreement is a positive outcome and in the best interest of city taxpayers. I am pleased that all parties were able to come together, and grateful for the hard work of my staff and others who made this agreement possible. It is my hope it will mitigate impact on the city’s general fund and credit rating.
We now focus on moving forward in this new year. We are proposing a $50 million no-tax-increase G.O. bond issue to help meet the city’s capital needs.
Comptroller Darlene Green is the chief fiscal officer of the City of St. Louis and is charged with safeguarding the city’s credit rating and with protecting taxpayer dollars. Visit www.stlouis-mo.gov/comptroller to learn more about the Office of the Comptroller.
Public Information Officer to the Comptroller
Office Phone: (314) 613-7360
Office of the Comptroller
- Comptroller Calls for Vote on $50M No-Tax-Increase GO Bonds in 2018
- Statement on Scottrade Center Renovations - Dec 5
- St. Louis Comptroller Darlene Green Statement on Lawsuit with Kiel Center Partners
- Why I Have not Approved the Issuance of Bonds for Scottrade Renovations
- Statement on Funding for Scottrade Center Renovations
Most Read News
- Mayor Lyda Krewson Announces Launch of Bike Share in the City of St. Louis Lime Bike and OFO to Begin Operations Monday April 16. Companies to Prioritize Access for Low-Income Communities.
- The 2018-2019 Board of Aldermen session begins on Tuesday, April 17. The 2017-2018 Board of Aldermen legislative session came to an end on Monday. This past session, there were familiar faces returning to the Board and new ones elected.
- Free Gun Locks at City Hall April 27th 2018 Free gun locks will be available from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. April 27 at St. Louis City Hall.