COVID-19 Pediatric Vaccine (for ages 6 months-5 years)
The CDC now recommends everyone ages 6-months and older get a COVID-19 vaccine to help protect against COVID-19.
Children aged 6 months–5 years may need multiple doses of COVID-19 vaccine to be up to date.
As of September 12, 2023, CDC recommends everyone 6 months and older get an updated COVID-19 vaccine to protect against the potentially serious outcomes of COVID-19 illness this fall and winter.
For COVID-19 related questions, call (314) 657-1499 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vaccines Help Protect Your Child
Getting a COVID-19 vaccine can help protect children ages 6 months and older from getting COVID-19.
- Vaccinating children can help protect family members, including siblings who are not eligible for vaccination and family members who may be at increased risk of getting very sick if they are infected.
- Vaccination can also help keep children from getting seriously sick even if they do get COVID-19.
- Vaccinating children ages 6 months and older can help keep them in daycare, school and help them safely participate in sports, playdates, and other group activities.
Help protect your whole family and slow the spread of COVID-19 in your community by getting yourself and your children ages 6 months and older vaccinated against COVID-19.
Find a COVID-19 Pediatric Vaccine
- Check with your child’s healthcare provider about whether they offer COVID-19 vaccination.
- Visit a Department of Health community partner
- Affinia Healthcare: New and established patients are welcome to walk in or to make an appointment by calling 314-814-8700. A parent/guardian must be present to consent for a vaccine for someone less than 18 years old. Appointments are required for children 6 months to 5 years old.
- CareSTL Health: Will accept walk-ins, or you can make an appointment by calling 314-633-6363.
- Family Care Health Center: By appointment, call 314-834-2273.
- Check your local pharmacy’s website to see if vaccination walk-ins or appointments are available for children.
- Walgreens: An updated COVID-19 vaccine is available that targets the current variants of COVID-19. Appointments for individuals ages 12+ start 9/18/2023. Additional appointments for those under 11 years old available 9/29.
- CVS: Patients age 5 and older can be seen at CVS Pharmacies. For patients 18 months and older, MinuteClinic can accept younger patients at least 18 months in age.
- Search vaccines.gov, text your ZIP code to 438829, or call 1-800-232-0233 to find locations near you.