COVID-19 Pediatric Vaccine (for ages 5-11)
The CDC now recommends everyone ages 5 and older get a COVID-19 vaccine to help protect against COVID-19.
Following the approval of the Pfizer vaccine for children ages 5-11 by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, U.S. Food and Drug Administration, and Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services, Mayor Tishaura O. Jones, City of Saint Louis Department of Health Director Dr. Mati Hlatshwayo Davis, along with the city schools (Saint Louis Public Schools, Missouri Charter Public School Association, Independent Schools of St. Louis, and the Archdiocese of St. Louis) urge parents to vaccinate their children against COVID-19 to keep schools open, and to keep children healthy and safe.
For COVID-19 related questions, call (314) 657-1499 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vaccines Help Protect Your Child
Getting a COVID-19 vaccine can help protect children ages 5 years and older from getting COVID-19.
- Vaccinating children can help protect family members, including siblings who are not eligible for vaccination and family members who may be at increased risk of getting very sick if they are infected.
- Vaccination can also help keep children from getting seriously sick even if they do get COVID-19.
- Vaccinating children ages 5 years and older can help keep them in school and help them safely participate in sports, playdates, and other group activities.
Help protect your whole family and slow the spread of COVID-19 in your community by getting yourself and your children ages 5 years and older vaccinated against COVID-19.
Find a COVID-19 Pediatric Vaccine
The federal government is providing the COVID-19 vaccine free of charge to all people living in the United States, regardless of their immigration or health insurance status.
- Check with your child’s healthcare provider about whether they offer COVID-19 vaccination.
- Check your local pharmacy’s website to see if vaccination walk-ins or appointments are available for children.
- Search vaccines.gov, text your ZIP code to 438829, or call 1-800-232-0233 to find locations near you.
- Visit one of the city's vaccine clinics.
Pediatric Vaccine Clinics
- City of St. Louis Department of Health Taking Community Approach to Ensure COVID-19 Vaccine Reaches Children 5 to 11
- FDA Authorizes Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine for Emergency Use in Children 5 through 11 Years of Age
- State of Missouri Health Order for Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Administration for Children 5-11 Years of Age
- COVID-19 Vaccines for Children and Teens