- non-emergency medical transportation to the doctor, the hospital, or the dialysis center
- trips to the SLAAA-sponsored senior centers within the City
- trips for necessary governmental or bank business
- trips for necessary shopping at the grocery store or drug store
- all travel for SLAAA related festivities or activities
Transportation service is normally provided Monday-Friday, between 7:30am and 5pm and is subject to availability.
SLAAA also offers discounted bus passes on a limited basis.
- Confirm that you meet eligibility requirements:
- St. Louis City resident age 60 or older
- OR St. Louis City resident with disabilities age 18-59
- Review the list of transportation options above and confirm that your request meets the criteria.
- Confirm that your transportation needs are Monday-Friday, between 7:30 am and 5 pm.
- Prepare to make your request at least 2-3 days in advance.
- For discounted bus passes, please ensure that you have the following items:
- Current Metro Reduced Fare Permit with current city address
- Missouri state ID or driver's license showing that you are 60 or older and have a St. Louis city address
Call the SLAAA to schedule transportation or inquire about discounted bus passes.
A contribution for all rides is asked and highly suggested. You will not be refused service if you are unable to pay.
What to Expect
Once you've scheduled senior transportation services, a senior center van will pick you up at your home at the time you requested. The van may make additional stops between your pickup and your destination, so make sure you allow plenty of time for travel. The van will drop you off at your designated location, then come back to pick you up when you're finished.
For discounted bus passes, cash or money order are accepted.
St. Louis Area Agency on Aging
St. Louis, MO 63103
Monday to Friday 8am - 5pm