Apply For A Shared Bike and Scooter Permit
Application process for companies to request a permit to operate shared bikes and/or scooters in the City of St. Louis.
On This Page
The City of St. Louis permits qualified companies, organizations, vendors, or other entities to design, build, operate, maintain, manage, and market modern bike share and/or e-scooter share systems through a network of publicly-accessible bicycles and scooters located throughout the city.
Ideally, this system would enable the public to access shared bicycles and scooters available in the public right-of-way or on public or publicly-accessible private property as an extension of the public transportation system and as a reliable new mobility option for residents and visitors to our city.
This system could be dockless, with free-standing bikes and scooters that don’t require racks or stations; station-based, where bikes are checked out from a station and returned to another station; or a blend of the two system types. The system is anticipated to be available to the public most times of the day and year to enhance transportation options city-wide for short to medium distance travel.
- Read the frequently asked questions about the Shared Bike and Scooter Program.
- Review the Shared Bike and Scooter Policy for requirements.
- Submit your completed application to the Street Department.
- Mail the $2,500 application fee to:
- Annual Permit Fee: $2,500
This is a yearly fee to cover the Administration of the Permit.
- Annual Shared Bike and Scooter Fee:
- $1/permitted bike - Annual
- $30/permitted e-scooter Annual
What to Expect
Your permit will be reviewed and your eligibility for a permit verified.
Department of Streets
St. Louis, MO 63139
Monday thru Friday, 8:00 - 4:30