The City of St. Louis permits qualified companies, organizations, vendors, or other entities to design, build, operate, maintain, manage, and market modern bike share and/or e-scooter share systems through a network of publicly-accessible bicycles and scooters located throughout the city.
Ideally, this system would enable the public to access shared bicycles and scooters available in the public right-of-way or on public or publicly-accessible private property as an extension of the public transportation system and as a reliable new mobility option for residents and visitors to our city.
This system could be dockless, with free-standing bikes and scooters that don’t require racks or stations; station-based, where bikes are checked out from a station and returned to another station; or a blend of the two system types. The system is anticipated to be available to the public most times of the day and year to enhance transportation options city-wide for short to medium distance travel.
- Read the frequently asked questions about the Shared Bike and Scooter Program.
- Review the Shared Bike and Scooter Policy for requirements.
- Submit your completed application to the Street Department.
- Mail the $2,500 application fee to:
- Annual Permit Fee: $2,500
This is a yearly fee to cover the Administration of the Permit.
- Annual Shared Bike and Scooter Fee:
- $1/permitted bike - Annual
- $30/permitted e-scooter Annual
What to Expect
Your permit will be reviewed and your eligibility for a permit verified.
Department of Streets
St. Louis, MO 63139
Monday thru Friday, 8:00 - 4:30