Permits and Inspections
Information regarding street permits and other street inspections.
Check Status and Customer Number
Check Status of Street Permit Application
Use this page to check the status of your application. Once your status indicates "Approved, pending payment", please bring payment (check, cash or money order) to 1900 Hampton, 63139.
Request for Street Permit Customer Number
Frequent users of the Street Permit Application may request a customer number of their own to organize and expedite their requests.
Street Division Permits
- Blocking Right of Way Permits Blocking Right of Way Permits are required for any activity that will block any portion of the public right of way (streets and sidewalks) such as dumpster placement, moving truck, block parties, construction related street closures.
- Driveway Permits Constructing a new driveway or reconstructing an existing driveway
- Excavation Permits An excavation permit is required anytime a portion of the public right of way is removed.
- Overdimensional Transportation Permits Permit for oversized vehicles to travel on pre-declared route in the City of St. Louis
- Residential Block Party Permits Permit is required for neighborhood weekend social gatherings, and must be submitted at least two weeks in advance.
- Sidewalk Permit A sidewalk permit is required for constructing a new sidewalk or reconstructing an existing sidewalk.