Food Truck Permits
Information concerning Mobile Vendors (Food Trucks) in the City
On This Page
All food trucks and trailers that do business inside the geographical boundaries of the City of St. Louis must obtain a permit. This includes trucks and trailers that:
- do business on St. Louis City public streets;
- do business inside a City park;
- do business at Special Events;
- do business at One-Day Events;
- do business on Private Property;
- intend to operate anywhere inside the St. Louis City Limits under a temporary Health Department Permit.
All food trucks and trailers are required to register with and be inspected by the Building Division, Fire Safety Unit.
Before applying for a permit, mobile vendors must:
- Obtain a vending / business license with the City of St. Louis License Collector's office.
- Obtain a fire safety certification from the Buidling Division, Fire Safety Unit or renew the annual registration online.
- Review the mandatory Fire Safety Unit registration and inspection documents and have all materials ready before starting the online process. Your work cannot be saved.
- Pass a health inspection
Individuals applying for a mobile vendor permit must contact the Street Deparment to begin the application process.
To obtain a permit from the Street Department applicants must provide the following:
- Completed motorized food truck vending permit application
- Copy of city of st. Louis business/vending license
- Copy of city of st. Louis health department permit
- Copy of city of st. Louis building division registration liability insurance – certificate of insurance that shall indemnify and hold harmless the City of St. Louis. The City must be named as additional insured on the certificate.
- Proof of vehicle insurance
- Proof of vehicle license and registration
- Photo of the motorized food truck
- Full face photographs of the applicant and any employees
- Signed copy of the rules & regulations
- Payment of the $500.00/annual or $125.00/quarterly permit fee in cash, check, cashier’s check or money order made out to: City of St. Louis.
- Various fees from various departments may apply.
- Street Department food truck permit fee is $500.00/annual (or $125.00/quarterly) cash, check, cashier’s check or money order made out to: City of St. Louis. No starter checks.
What to Expect
You will obtain a permit to operate a food truck in the City after you provide proof of a vending/ business license, current health inspection, show a fire safety certification from the building division, and submitted the application with the Street Division.
Stationary Sidewalk Vendor permits
Stationary Sidewalk Vendor permits are issued by the Parks Department.
1 comment from someone like you has helped us improve this page. Keep the feedback coming!