References for Checklist Categories
Sources consulted for the categories of the review checklist(s)
Depending on the project's activity (or activities), location and other circumstances, the Level of Review performed can be determined to be one of the following, with the appropriate checklist used:
- Exempt from Review per 24 CFR 58.34, not requiring a review [One-page Exempt Determination Statement]
- Categorically Excluded Not Subject to Environmental Authorities Cited in 24 CFR Part 58.5 ["Short Form" Checklist]
- Categorical Excluded Subject To Environmental Authorities Cited in 24 CFR Part 58.5 ["Short Form" Checklist]
- Environmental Assessment (EA) performed in Accordance with Subpart E of 24 CFR Part 58 ["Long Form" Checklist]
- Environmental Impact Statement [EIS]: If the project activities and circumstances warrant this level of review, a consultant is procured.
This Flowchart is followed to determined the above-referenced Level of Review.
This review process is defined by, is described in, and uses
24 CFR Part 58,
Environmental Review Procedures for Entities Assuming HUD Environmental Review Responsibility.
The most up-to-date version of 24 CFR Part 58 can be viewed at:
For the Environmental Issues on the Checklist, the following sources are consulted...