Apply For A Dance Hall License
Information individuals and businesses need to know when applying for or renewing a Dance Hall License.
The City of St. louis offers the ability to operate a Dance Hall, with completion of an applciation and approval from the Director of Safety.
All Dance Hall Licenses expire June 1st of every year.
In order to ensure uninterrupted dancing in your establishment, it will be necessary that you obtain a new Dance Hall License prior to June 1 of each year.
- Download and complete a Dance Hall Application.
Submit the application/renewal before June 1st to:
Fax: (314) 622-4392
Failure to file a renewal application early may result in the suspension of dancing in your establishment after the June 1 expiration date.
Fees for the License are handled by The License Collector's Office.
You will receive a mailing from their office on the cost of the license.
What to Expect
- A required inspection report from the Building Division and fire Marshal to clear through the Director's Office prior to the expiration date on your current license.
- A city inspector will produce an inspection report to the Director's Office
- After which the directors office will certify inspection with the License Collector
- The License Collector may issue the license after payment of the license fee.
- Dance Hall Licenses are non-transferable.
- If you are a new owner, please feel free to contact the Director's Office with any questions you may have regarding procedures to obtain a Dance Hall License.
- If you no longer allow dancing, please notify us so that we may change our records.
Department of Public Safety
Room 401, City Hall
St. Louis, Mo 63103
8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday
3 comments from people like you have helped us improve this page. Keep the feedback coming!