Getting kids involved and informed about severe weather is important to securing the resiliency of any community.
To encourage the goal of preparedness among students, we are happy to announce that we will be hosting our Severe Weather Awareness Week Poster Contest! The contest runs from February 19-March 6, and any 4th or 5th grade student in the City of St. Louis is eligible to participate.
Prizes for winning posters include: personal guided tours of the National Weather Service facility in St. Louis, MO, fully-equipped emergency preparedness kits, and the opportunity for your work of art to be displayed around the City!
- Entry is open to all City of St. Louis elementary school students in GRADES 4 AND 5 in public, private, and charter schools, as well as any students being homeschooled.
- Poster theme should depict what severe weather in St. Louis means to the student and/or what actions to take to prepare and stay safe.
- Creativity is the key. Individual work is encouraged. Posters with stencils, traced, computer- generated or commercially manufactured stick-on lettering or images will be disqualified.
- Poster should be no larger than 11”x14.” Those larger than the identified size may be disqualified.
- Students should use only crayon, markers, colored pencils, or watercolor/acrylic paint.
When creating your poster, please focus on one the following themes:
Severe weather in the City of St. Louis
Importance of Siren/Warning Alerts
Preparedness (kits, emergency plans)
Pet Protection During Disasters
City Emergency Management Agency
Most Read News
- St. Louis City, St. Louis County Issuing Mandatory Mask Requirement to Slow COVID-19 Elected leaders, public health officials and pandemic task force reinforce that masks significantly reduce spread of virus
- City of St. Louis Moves to Close Businesses for Ignoring COVID-19 Public Health Requirements Applies to non-compliant businesses that have previously received cease and desist letters from the City’s Department of Health but have continued to openly disregard rules
- Mayor Krewson Statement Regarding the Expansion of “Operation Legend” to the City of St. Louis Expansion adds resources to help investigate violent crimes, make arrests, and deter additional violent offenses across the City