St. Louis Port Authority
The Port Authority of the City of St. Louis supports economic development in the City’s 6,000-acre Port District, which lies along the City’s 19 miles of Mississippi River frontage. In addition to managing leases for City-owned property in this area, the Authority works with shipping stakeholders across the bi-state area to promote regional commerce.
Top Requested Pages
Phone: (314) 657-3740
1520 Market Street
- Marketing and Business Development
- Creates new and participates in ongoing redevelopment projects across the Port District.
- Works with St. Louis Regional Freightway (www.thefreightway.com), Inland Rivers Ports & Terminals (www.irpt.net), Missouri Port Authorities Assn (www.missouriports.org), Inland Marine Expo (www.inlandmarineexpo.com), the US Army Corps, and others to promote regional shipping.
- Attends and staffs the Mayor at Mississippi River Cities & Towns Initiative (www.mrcti.org) and other port-related events .
- Lease Management
- Develops new leases in the Port District.
- Resolves issues with existing Port District leases.
- Writes state and federal grant app's for Port District infrastructure and planning projects.
- Developing state Advanced Industrial Manufacturing Zone across entire Port District.
- Manages Port District bond activities.
- Municipal River Terminal (MRT)
- Works with long-term operator, SCF Lewis and Clark Terminals (www.seacorholdings.com), to continually upgrade the facility and market its options to national and international shipping interests.
- Plans and manages MRT construction projects; coordinates engineering participation of City's Board of Public Service (BPS).
Port Operations Manager
Nick Nichols, 314.657.3744, email@example.com
- Processes lease agreements and renewals in the Port District; works with the Port Authority Commission, the City's Board of Alderman, the City's Board of Estimate and Apportionment, and BPS as needed.
- Participates in Riverfront Vending and Area Maritime Security Committees.
- Coordinates permits and levee clean-up for cruiseboat mooring with the City's Street Department.
- Prepares documents required for monthly meetings of the Port Authority Commission.
Current Projects by SLDC and the St. Louis Port Authority
Municipal River Terminal Rail Improvements: Construction Contract, 2017-2019
- Project Cost: approximately $8M, in phases now being determined
- Project Schedule: construction documents nearing completion; tentatively out for bid early September, 2018
Municipal River Terminal Rail Improvements: Engineering Contract, 2016-2019
- Project Cost: approximately $400K
- Project Engineers: Jacobs; subconsultant: ABNA
- Project Scope: technical plans/specs for site grading and drainage plan, floodwall gate improvements; construction documents; construction administration
- Project Schedule: ongoing
#5 Clinton Stree Lease, 2018
- 157K SF former steel manufacturing plant with overhead cranes and office suites on 6.45 acres
- close to I-70, TRRA tracks, Municipal River Terminal
- rail spur into building, two rolling overhead vehicular doors
- two adjacent vacant parcels also available
- RFP issued 7/23/18; responses due 8/13/18
Municipal River Terminal Rail Access Plan, 2016-2018
- Project Cost: $43,567
- Project Engineer: Design Nine
- Project Schedule: complete
Lease Comps Study, 2017-2018
- Project Cost: $24,000
- Project Consultant: Informa Economics IEG
- Project Schedule: nearing completion
Municipal River Terminal Warehouse Lighting Upgrade Project, 2016
- Project Cost: $466K
- Contractor: Raineri Construction
View of south riverfront looking north. From St. Louis, 30-45 barge tows operate downstream and 15-or-fewer barge tows operate upstream. Fleeting areas, like barge parking lots, allow tows to be reconfigured, depending upon origin and destination of goods.
St. Louis Port Authority Menu
Email Port Authority Commission of the City of St. Louis
More Contact Info
Phone: (314) 657-3740
1520 Market Street , Suite 2000
St. Louis, Missouri 63103