St. Louis Port Authority
The Port Authority of the City of St. Louis supports economic development in the City’s 6,000-acre Port District, which lies along the City’s 19 miles of Mississippi River frontage. In addition to managing leases for City-owned property in this area, the Authority works with shipping stakeholders across the bi-state area to promote regional commerce.
Top Requested Pages
Phone: (314) 657-3740
1520 Market Street
Director of Port Development
- Works with long-term operator of the City's Municipal River Terminal (MRT) to increase throughput and promote creation of value-added economic opportunities from that throughput.
- Upgrades existing and develops new leases for City-owned property in the Port District to maintain port revenues.
- Creates new and participates in ongoing redevelopment projects across the Port District.
- Meets regularly with state and federal agencies and others to develop port infrastructure funding and expedite river-borne commerce.
- Plans and manages MRT construction projects; coordinates engineering participation of City's Board of Public Service.
- Attends and staffs the Mayor at Mississippi River Cities and Towns Initiative events.
- Manages Port Working Group, which meets bi-monthly to promote regional shipping; approximately 45 area stakeholders attend; this group transitioning to Regional Freight Authority (www.thefreightway.com) management.
- Working with Inland Rivers Ports & Terminals to develop Certified Port Executive training curriculum.
Port Operations Manager
Nick Nichols, 314.657.3744, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Processes lease agreements and renewals for City-owned property in the Port District, working with the Port Authority Commission and the City's Board of Alderman as needed.
- Coordinates cruiseboat permits for up to 3-day mooring privileges with the Director of the City's Street Department.
- Prepares documents required for monthly meetings of the Port Authority Commission.
Current Projects by SLDC and the St. Louis Port Authority
Municipal River Terminal Rail Improvements: Engineering Contract, 2016
- Project Scope: technical plans/specs for site grading and drainage plan, floodwall gate improvements
- Project Schedule: engineering contract now being negotiated
Municipal River Terminal Rail Access Plan, 2016
- Project Cost: $43,567
- Engineer: Design Nine
- Notice-to-Proceed issued 8/26/16
Request for Qualifications for Marine Consultants, 2016
- created prequalified list of professional-service firms for law, engineering, and real estate development
- river-based experience required
Warehouse Upgrade Project, 2016
- Project Cost: $466K
- Contractor: Raineri Construction
- Notice-to-Proceed issued 3/24/16
View of south riverfront looking north. From St. Louis, 30-45 barge tows operate downstream and 15-or-fewer barge tows operate upstream. Fleeting areas, like barge parking lots, allow tows to be reconfigured, depending upon origin and destination of goods.
St. Louis Port Authority Menu
Email Port Authority Commission of the City of St. Louis
More Contact Info
Phone: (314) 657-3740
1520 Market Street , Suite 2000
St. Louis, Missouri 63103