St. Louis Port Authority
The Port Authority of the City of St. Louis supports economic development in the City’s 6,000-acre Port District, which lies along the City’s 19 miles of Mississippi River frontage. In addition to managing leases for City-owned property in this area, the Authority works with shipping stakeholders across the bi-state area to promote regional commerce.
Director of Port Development
- Works with long-term operator of the City's Municipal River Terminal (MRT) to increase throughput and promote creation of value-added economic opportunities from that throughput.
- Upgrades existing and develops new leases for City-owned property in the Port District to maintain port revenues.
- Creates new and participates in ongoing redevelopment projects across the Port District.
- Meets regularly with state and federal agencies and others to develop port infrastructure funding and expedite river-borne commerce.
- Plans and manages MRT construction projects; coordinates engineering participation of City's Board of Public Service.
- Attends and staffs the Mayor at Mississippi River Cities and Towns Initiative events.
- Manages Port Working Group, which meets bi-monthly to promote regional shipping; approximately 45 area stakeholders attend.
Port Operations Manager
Nick Nichols, 314.657.3744, email@example.com
- Processes lease agreements and renewals for City-owned property in the Port District, working with the Port Authority Commission and the City's Board of Alderman as needed.
- Coordinates permits for up to 3-day mooring privileges with the Director of the City's Street Department.
- Prepares documents required for monthly meetings of the Port Authority Commission.
Current Projects by SLDC and the St. Louis Port Authority
Request for Qualifications for Marine Consultants, 2016
- seeking professional-service firms for law, engineering, and real estate development
- river-based experience required
- questions about RFQ will be accepted through 1/15/16
- see download RFQ for both RFQ and answers to questions (Q&A's)
Warehouse Upgrade Project, 2016
- bids received, now in MODOT review
North Dock Repair Project, completed October 2015
- Project Cost: $644K
- Contractor: St. Louis Bridge Construction Co.
South Dock Reconstruction, completed July 2013
View of south riverfront looking north. From St. Louis, 30-45 barge tows operate downstream and 15-or-fewer barge tows operate upstream. Fleeting areas, like barge parking lots, allow tows to be reconfigured, depending upon origin and destination of goods.
St. Louis Port Authority Menu
Email Port Authority Commission of the City of St. Louis
More Contact Info
Phone: (314) 657-3740
1520 Market Street , Suite 2000
St. Louis, Missouri 63103